“Absolutely fabulous!”

Add it.
The Bramble Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We went to this charming inn for a small family celebration. The quality of the food and the service was outstanding! The inn is beautifully cared for and immaculate, decorated with fine art and soft lighting. Everything was done with perfection. We started with the oysters on the half shell, served ice cold with a tasty mignonette. My husband and I had the early dinner prix fixe. He had the seafood stew and I had the scallops with asparagus risotto. Both were substantial with a delectable blend of flavors. Our daughter had the rack of lamb. She and I brought home doggie bags. They served plenty of crusty French bread and generous glasses of wine. We had after dinner drinks at the bar and shared conversation with some very friendly Cape Codders. All in all it was a wonderful evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We went for our anniversary Saturday night. It was suppose to be a romantic place. It was very noisy, and they were very slow because they were shorthanded. I asked them one change in the entree I picked, they refused. All upscale restaurants should accommodate a request. Very disappointed.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pat4_11
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We have been regulars for 20 years and have brought countless friends to the Bramble Inn. We have never had a night when our dinner wasn't excuisite. The owners Ruth and Cliff Manchester deserve a great deal of credit to keep up the quality over so many years. Wifh falmouth had a restaurant this good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We went to the Bramble Inn restaurant for our 30th anniversary dinner. The inn is very old with small rooms which is quaint. The decor was gawdy. The food was nearly tasteless. They overcharged us $100! Yes, that is no typo. $100! The waiter made some excuse about his contact lenses. I think it was done on purpose.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marcogirl321
Reviewed September 15, 2009

What a beautiful place, and what charming, wonderful hosts! We had the best time, and we only wish we could have stayed longer. The restaurant is amazing, as good as anything in Manhattan. We cannot recommend this wonderful inn enough.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bramble Inn for our 29th wedding anniversary. When we called the Inn to make our reservation and told them we had stayed there on our honeymoon, there was no reply, such as "How nice" or "Welcome back". That should have been our first hint.

When we arrived there was no one to greet us, but they had left the key.
The next morning we did not go down to breakfast, and had notified the innkeeper the night before. Much to our dismay, the woman who cleans the rooms tried to walk in as we were in bed, without even knocking. Then an hour later (@10:30 AM), there was another knock again trying to get in. I have never had this happen in any other B&B before, and felt really rushed with this impolite behavior on their part.

The next morning, we did go to breakfast (mind you -- we had not met the innkeeper yet.) A woman told us where to sit, and informed us what breakfast would be. I HAD TO ASK if she was the innkeeper; she replied yes, and never introduced herself. So we introduced ourselves, and, quite frankly, she was disinterested and never asked us how things were going or if we were enjoying our stay. I therefore did not share with them about the morning before. NOTE: The breakfast was delicious.

The room we stayed in was small which was fine. However, don't clog up what little space there is with knick-knacks all over, so that there is no room for the traveler, even on the nightstand or in the bathroom.
We were very disappointed with our stay and would not recommend this B&B - mainly for their indifference, and our bad experience the first morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Peg R
Reviewed August 9, 2007

My husband and I found The Bramble Inn & Restaurant to be charming and romantic. We stayed in room # 4. It was bright, spacious and absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to move in permanently. The room included a fabulous breakfast which was prepared by Cliff, one of the owners. His conversation and recommendations were as good as his cooking.

We made a reservation to eat at The Bramble Inn's well known gourmet restaurant. This experience only furthered my desire to never leave this perfect little place on Cape Cod.

Cliff’s wife Ruth is the evening chef. My husband had the Lobster Bisque, very rich and delicious, he ate every last drop. He had the sorbet rather than a salad; his main dish was Chicken with Lobster. This perfectly cooked dinner had a sauce that was to die for. We could have eaten it like soup, it was that tasty! I started with the five onion soup; I’ve never had onion soup so rich and wonderful. My mango sorbet was a refreshing transition into my main dish, Seafood Curry. This assortment of lobster, scallops, shrimp and cod was served over a bed of rice with grilled banana, fruit chutney and a mild curry sauce poured over the whole dish. The combination of flavors melted in my mouth. The chutney was so good, I asked for more. Even though we both had some form of seafood, there were also many choices from vegetarian to rack of lamb and NY strip. They have a beautiful wine list and a great selection of recommended martinis from the bar.

I have never tasted chocolate in a better way than in the Chocolate Isosceles dessert that completed my meal. It was rich and dense and each bite was accompanied by a moan from me.

Everything there was worth every penny. The whole experience was beyond worth a trip to Brewster – from anywhere!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LovingCapeCod2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
#3 of 10 in Brewster
Captain Freeman Inn
Captain Freeman Inn
#1 of 10 in Brewster

Been to The Bramble Inn? Share your experiences!