“Back to Nature”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Nickerson State Park Campgrounds
Golan Heights
“Back to Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2007

After having camped on three different commercial camping sites in Cape Cod we decided to try Nickerson State Park,mostly because it was cheaper than the $60 per night for other campsites.
It turned out to be the best camping site on the Cape. The rangers are friendly,the camp store is well equipped and the sites are large and quite private.There was ample room for 2 tents, our cars and our boat without infringing on any other camper's privacy.
Then there are the ponds. No more getting in the car to find a pond!! We could walk from our tent to the pond!! This saved us a lot of wasted traffic time and it made our trip far more relaxed.
The best part is the unspoiled nature setting of the sites,instead of bulldozer straightened rectangular campsites that are piled on top of each other.We felt that we were guests in one of nature's prime spots.
We will be back!!

4 Thank orangada

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mansfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

I’ve been to a few beautiful places, Kauai, Colorado, Bermuda etc. and I must say Nickerson State Park ranks with the best of them. Imagine a pristine peaceful wilderness situated in the middle of an already beautiful Cape Cod. The kettle ponds have to be seen to be believed. Cliff pond is the biggest at 106 feet deep. The water is crystal clear and likely cleaner then your backyard swimming pool; I was able to see down 26 feet at one point! These are not your typical ponds and will leave you awe struck. The park has a large staff of rangers and is safe for kids. There’s no drinking allowed and camp sites are widely separated so it’s real quite too. Our kids love Nickerson State Park as much as we do and are always sad when it’s time to leave.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank polutj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2004

i must say.. one night changed my view of cape cod. the truth is ive traveled to numerous places but when it comes to beauty, crisp and clean air and excellent fishing and camping, nothing could beat nickerson's. size really doesn't matter. under 2000 acres fits the most fun ive ever had. from fishing on cliff pond, renting a bike from barbs, lighting a campfire and being surrounded by nature, i was completely amazed at how much fun yet rest and relaxation was possible. everyone who goes there should expect great hospitality, plenty of things to do and lots of relaxing minutes on their hands. i must say it was truly the best trip ive ever taken. went there one night in early june of 2004 and before checking out had to reserve a three day weekend because it was that good. now im looking forward to july 4 weekend when i get four days to stay there. what could be better then that. i must say, if you haven't stayed at nickerson's now is the time. if you dont youll be missing out on the time of your life.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2004

Nickerson state park is the best, I have been camping with my family here for the past 13 summers we love nickerson. Its a must see!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2004

Nickerson State Park was my first experience of camping, and I loved it. My friends and I spent a few nights there last summer, and It was one of the best trips I have ever been on. I love the atmosphere of Nickerson. We stayed in a very wooded area, and it was very clean and beautiful. A couple of months later, a friend and I went camping in Rhode Island. I was very disappointed with the campgrounds there. I think Nickerson is such an exceptional campground, you're not likely to find one like it anywhere on the east coast. My friends and I are already planning our trip to Cape Cod for this summer, and are definately planning on camping at Nickerson State Park.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2003

I love this place more than any other on earth. I haven't been everywhere, but it's hard to imagine a better or more peaceful spot.
There's something about Cape Cod that's hard to explain if you haven't been there, but if you have, you understand. Maybe it's the air, salty, mixed with the smell of pine and bayberries. In Nickerson State Park the campsites are big enough, clean, and have a table and fireplace.
The Park Staff is always helpful and polite. They hold informative and educational presentations, such as nature walks, star gazing, etc. The ponds and beaches are clean and clear, and you are a short drive from the ocean, as well. All of this for a mere $12.00 a night per site. Who could ask for more?

42 Thank lois g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod
Captain Freeman Inn
Captain Freeman Inn
#1 of 9 in Brewster

Been to Nickerson State Park Campgrounds? Share your experiences!