“You have to see this” 4 of 5 bubbles

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You have to see this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The store dates from the mid-19th century. Lots of nostalgia, unusual items, and penny candy. You will want to check out the second floor if you have ten extra minutes

Manchester, New Hampshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Love the Brewster Store!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family & I visited the Brewster Store to get some penny candy, check out the souvenirs, etc. It was great! I loved the cute little kids shirts, there were some really awesome books all about the ocean, Cape cod, haunted Cape Cod, etc. There were fun toys and had great candy, coffee and fudge. Just when it was all over....I found out they had a second floor! Unfortunately, I did not have time to look around up there but it looked interesting as well. Love the Brewster store!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pleasant break from the heat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place was a fun diversion for a half hour. It was among our first stops upon pulling into Brewster for a week and we enjoyed the visit. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary really, just a nice slice of life on the Cape. Take home a memento or two, or just a few essentials for your stay.

Visited July 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Timewarp in Brewster - the General Store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had so much fun strolling through this store!
It's a combination of historic collections (upstairs) of collectible military models, lead soldiers, etc. penny candy from the 50's, tourist items like Cape Cod caps to all of the practical things you'd need if you had a historic Cape Cod cabin or house and wanted to keep it authentic.

There is even a player piano which would entertain any child, and all the beach "stuff" that you might have forgotten to bring with you. I had to hold onto my wallet - I wanted to buy one of everything from the tea towel that illustrated all of the parts of a sewing machine or typewriter to collectible comic books to lobster dishes and picks to Christmas ornaments, a small bakery and some drinks/food and a gazillion old-time gadgets to marvel over!! We could have spent hours there....Button collectors will be amazed, an enormous selection of puzzles and games, etc.

Hey, I guess that's what a general store should be all about!! Don't pass it by!

Austin, Texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have to admit, it is a cute old fashioned store with creaking wood floors and it can make a nice 10-minute stop while your are driving along 6A (Old King's Highway), but the merchandise is overprized and even thought I lived on Cape Cod for about 5 years and visited this store on numerous occasions, I never found anything worth buying. I mad it back to the Cape this summer and stopped by again to "give it another chance", this time not as a local, but as a legitimate tourist. Unfortunately, it failed to impress me. . . once again. They still serve things like coffee and pastries; don't expect to find a bathroom though.