“Love the Brewster Store!”
Review of Brewster Store

Brewster Store
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Brewster
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family & I visited the Brewster Store to get some penny candy, check out the souvenirs, etc. It was great! I loved the cute little kids shirts, there were some really awesome books all about the ocean, Cape cod, haunted Cape Cod, etc. There were fun toys and had great candy, coffee and fudge. Just when it was all over....I found out they had a second floor! Unfortunately, I did not have time to look around up there but it looked interesting as well. Love the Brewster store!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place was a fun diversion for a half hour. It was among our first stops upon pulling into Brewster for a week and we enjoyed the visit. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary really, just a nice slice of life on the Cape. Take home a memento or two, or just a few essentials for your stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had so much fun strolling through this store!
It's a combination of historic collections (upstairs) of collectible military models, lead soldiers, etc. penny candy from the 50's, tourist items like Cape Cod caps to all of the practical things you'd need if you had a historic Cape Cod cabin or house and wanted to keep it authentic.

There is even a player piano which would entertain any child, and all the beach "stuff" that you might have forgotten to bring with you. I had to hold onto my wallet - I wanted to buy one of everything from the tea towel that illustrated all of the parts of a sewing machine or typewriter to collectible comic books to lobster dishes and picks to Christmas ornaments, a small bakery and some drinks/food and a gazillion old-time gadgets to marvel over!! We could have spent hours there....Button collectors will be amazed, an enormous selection of puzzles and games, etc.

Hey, I guess that's what a general store should be all about!! Don't pass it by!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have to admit, it is a cute old fashioned store with creaking wood floors and it can make a nice 10-minute stop while your are driving along 6A (Old King's Highway), but the merchandise is overprized and even thought I lived on Cape Cod for about 5 years and visited this store on numerous occasions, I never found anything worth buying. I mad it back to the Cape this summer and stopped by again to "give it another chance", this time not as a local, but as a legitimate tourist. Unfortunately, it failed to impress me. . . once again. They still serve things like coffee and pastries; don't expect to find a bathroom though.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Every time we visit the Cape we go to the Brewster General Store. It is very nostalgic and has some cute things like t-shirts, magnets, coffee mugs, coffee and candy. The floor creaks as you walk through since it is really old. There is a bench in the front of the store that is a great photo spot.