I stayed at the Ocean Edge for a family gathering. I will not speak to the value, as my room and extras were paid for and I really have no idea how much they were.
If, when you go to the Cape, you want to stay somewhere that is really beachy, cottage-y, and looks like a postcard from the Cape, do not stay here. You will be disappointed.
If you want to be somewhere with modern comforts, a pool, coffee-maker in room, air-conditioning, golf, typical hotel restaurant, and the ability to get to the beach without hiking through the dunes (they have walkways), then you will like the resort.
The food was acceptable (desserts and salads were really good). I agree with the previous reviewer that many dishes here seemed to have a lot of salt!!!
The mansion and grounds are beautiful, but most rooms are in modern, clean, well-maintained additions to the mansion.
Two of our 6 rooms had a musty smell, one really bad and the other just mildly annoying.
It has a good location, right on the beach and also on a cute main road with some old-style Cape Cod shops.
It was pretty good, but I prefer the quaint old inns of Cape Cod or a beach cabin instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Villages side spans 380 emerald acres that are as friendly to walk as to bike. Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas welcome you with chic, quintessentially Cape Cod décor. Just outside your door awaits the finest in golf and tennis, from our private Nicklaus Design golf course, driving range and putting green, accessible to Members and Ocean Edge guests only, to 9 tennis courts. Guests will also enjoy our new Beach House Spa, which offers massages, pedicures, manicures, hydrafacials, a private porch perfect for wedding days, and more! In the summer months, stroll, bike or shuttle to golf and tennis areas, restaurants, crystal-clear pools (3 outdoor, 1 indoor), two fitness centers, a cardio room, basketball court, picnic area, toddler playground and Blueberry Pond. Hop on a one of our new Freedom Flyer bikes at The Villages and coast along the historic, scenic 26-mile Cape Cod Bike and Rail Trail that meanders through Cape Cod villages and is dotted with ice cream parlors, antique shops, lobster, baseball games and more. Our convenient, all-day shuttle service is available in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, MA - Cape Cod