CHECK-IN: I attended a meeting at the Ocean Edge Resort at the end of Sept 2005. The main mansion was pretty and historic, where I checked in. Though my reservation was under a group list, it was not to be found in the computer...no explanation given as to discrepency. It took me 20 minutes to check-in at a non-peak time (1pm), only 1 person was at the registration desk. Parking for the mansion 100 ft away in a small lot.
ROOM: I stayed in one of the 1BR villas in the Arbor village, which were condo-type units on the golf course side of the resort, far from the ocean (requires a drive, but shuttle service is provided if needed). The room I was given was on the second level and smelled musty from the rainy weather, was furnished worn Cape-style furniture. Villa was large with plenty of space with a separate living room w/ kitchenette and bedroom. I didn't really need or use the kitchen in the villa. Balcony overlooked the golf course.
MEETING FACILITIES: The Bay Pines Pavillion conference room was spacious but with a howling wind outside, the tent kept swaying and making lots of noise, which was very distracting during the meeting. It was much better the second day when the wind died down. The Addie Nickerson Room, where we had dinner, would have been much more accommodating for a meeting room- it has a nice balcony that overlooks the resort.
FOOD: Bayzo's pub has good chowder but their crabcakes tasted like it had a cup of salt in it. I sent it back b/c it was literally inedible. The waitress made me order something else, so I ordered a turkey sandwich, thinking it couldn't be that hard to make one. Wrong- the bread was stale, turkey was salty, tomatoes were not ripe, lettuce was slimy, chips were stale. The pub itself has a lot of character- has a pool table and TV for entertainment. I did not eat in the main restaurant. From the meeting, the seafood dinner was mixed- good lobster, bad clams and bland side dishes. Other non-seafood dishes were edible but by no means were they fancy or especially good. Desserts were good- chocolate mousse, cakes and cobblers.
SERVICE: Service was responsive but not particularly accommodating, friendly, or attentive that you would expect from a five star resort. We had an evening bonfire- The beach was nice, a short walk down a short poorly-lit path. The activities crew that set up the bonfire looked put out each time we requested anything- call for a shuttle, more wood for the fire. We paid for chairs and sodas to be brought to the beach, which were not. Pools were closed at this time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Villages side spans 380 emerald acres that are as friendly to walk as to bike. Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas welcome you with chic, quintessentially Cape Cod décor. Just outside your door awaits the finest in golf and tennis, from our private Nicklaus Design golf course, driving range and putting green, accessible to Members and Ocean Edge guests only, to 9 tennis courts. Guests will also enjoy our new Beach House Spa, which offers massages, pedicures, manicures, hydrafacials, a private porch perfect for wedding days, and more! In the summer months, stroll, bike or shuttle to golf and tennis areas, restaurants, crystal-clear pools (3 outdoor, 1 indoor), two fitness centers, a cardio room, basketball court, picnic area, toddler playground and Blueberry Pond. Hop on a one of our new Freedom Flyer bikes at The Villages and coast along the historic, scenic 26-mile Cape Cod Bike and Rail Trail that meanders through Cape Cod villages and is dotted with ice cream parlors, antique shops, lobster, baseball games and more. Our convenient, all-day shuttle service is available in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, MA - Cape Cod