We stayed at Britterige Villas for 3 nights in July. The "Villas" are actually condos in a block so noise from other guests is a bit of a problem. The rooms were clean and functional but very dated. A nice/convenient feature was the washer/dryer available in each room.
Although each condo sleeps 4 we decided to book two 2 Villas as travelling with 2 teenage girls we prefer 2 bathrooms. The 2 bedroom villas promoted on the website proved impossible to book and would have been more expensive!! As it was, the condos also proved to be VERY expensive and I would not class as good value! Once resort fees local tax, state tax and an additional unspecified $50 per night was added to each room rate, the cost was $120 per room per night more than the advertised rate. Once I queeried the additional $50 per night, they agreed to refund this, however I still find $2660 (£1662) for a 3 night stay, accommodation only in a mediocre resort to be quite pricey.
The facilities at the resort are very good and the Arbor pool fun for families with the convenience of having poolside servers to bring drinks and refreshments. Do Not hire bikes from the onsiite bike rental. They are expensive and the equipment is dated. A quick car journey or 10 minute walk will get you to Brewster Bike rentals on Underpass Road where they have much cheaper and better quality bikes.
We used both the Lynx restaurant and Bayzo's Pub and found the food and drink of a high quality and reasonable value.
The staff at Ocean Edge are great!! From the front desk staff, restaurant and pool servers and the housekeeping staff, they are all very friendly and helpful.
Friends of ours visiting Cape Cod at the same time stayed in a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom private beach front cottage for 1 week for a similar price. With hindsight I wish we had done the same as even though we only had a 3 day stay, paying for a week and leaving early would still have been the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contact us directly at Ocean Edge for best rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, MA - Cape Cod