The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The rooms in the Village are suites and ours felt extremely spacious for two people. The room was clean, well kept and comfortable although relatively plain and simple. The staff was very nice and the hotel's restaurant and bar by the Mansion were excellent. Unfortunately, those staying at the Village do not get complementary access to the beach which is rather frustrating when you are spending several hundred + a night for a room. The hotel has several bike rentals on the premises, which is great given that the Cape Cod rail train essentially runs right by the hotel. A number of public beaches are also within easy driving distance if you do not want to pay for the hotel beach access.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I just returned from another great time at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, this time without the kids! The golf course is absolutely perfect. The conditions are fantastic, the staff was great and best of all, the pace of play is absolutely the best we have ever experienced at a Resort. We realize that this is also a private club and the membership has a great familiarity with the course, but since our last visit, the new cart fleet and GPS features make this such an enjoyable experience.

After golf we enjoyed our time at the Arbor Pool and Shark Bah! World Cup Soccer was playing, and although we are not soccer fans, the crowd was really into it which made it fun. The international staff that is part of the resort were great and they too were really into the games, which made it so much more enjoyable to be part of the bar. It could not have been more exciting! If you have the chance to visit this summer, visit Sean Michael at the Shark Bah! He is very knowledgeable about the area and knows everything about the Club and Resort. He is one of the most pleasant bartenders you will ever meet and can make anything!

We stayed at Arbor Village, which was great for us as a very nice and comfortable one bedroom apartment. It was perfect for our stay and very close to the golf course and right next to the Arbor pool and Shark Bah! We highly recommend it and can hardly wait to return in August!

Room Tip: When booking golf, even stay & play packages, call weeks ahead, I think it is 5 or 6 weeks out f...
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was our first time at this hotel and I am convinced of is not the last,I spent a wonderful week at the wonderful hinterland ocean basin,very hospitable staff.Very clean rooms.I really recommend this hotel my whole family was very happy

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We, too, thought we'd be on the beach side… or at least have access to it. Apparently, the resort does not want commingling between the hedge fund managers and the street beggars. The unit we had was pleasant in a cheap/sterile kind of way. I noticed the beams on the back porch were not only unpainted, but even had the sales stickers on them from when they were bought at Home Depot. But the overall feel was that the unit was amongst greenery and had a nice breeze. I did notice that the walls were incredibly thin; the guy upstairs snored terribly but I'm confident that later I returned the favor. We had a nice meal at the main building. It was an okay single night stay.

Room Tip: Confirm your unit is near the beach.
1  Thank TechBizGuy
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is our third year that we spent our summer vacation at the Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club. The great service that we receive at this place is the main reason that makes us go back year after year. All the amenities, venues comming with the resort are just first class. Pools that my chindren love are just so clean and well maintained that parents don't have to worry about anything. Rooms/appartments are spotless and the housekeeping service is just amazing. Imaging coming from a hot day at the beach and walking into a room that is all tidy for you and might I add that your dirty dishes that you left in the sink are now all cleaned for you; your towels are refreshed and all you do is just RELAX. Come on moms, who would say no to that??
Food - just amazing and delicious! Great food presentation. Hands down to the Chef.
Ocean Edge, we are coming back next year. And if you are reading these reviews don't think twice, this will be your best decision ever made.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Estela R
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've stayed at Ocean edge a few times now and never was the experience as poor as it was this time. It's unfortunate as I probably won't be back now. When we first arrived we had an awful room in the Arbor villages. It smelled like mold and did not look very clean. When I called to find a new room I was told that there were none available. I found that hard to believe and pressed the clerk to look harder because I could not stay in the room assigned. He did finally find us a room in the Britterage village which was acceptable but I did need to press him pretty hard to get the room changed. However, the parking situation at these new units was not good. There is very limited parking close to the units and the second closest lot at the top of the hill was also full many times. The only other option was parking very far away or making your own spot by parking on grass or other areas. Second, the service at the Ocean Terrace is awful. For the prices of the food and drink the service should be top notch. We were almost turned away at 9PM on a Saturday by the hostess and while the hostess was "asking the manager" a waitress decided to seat us. Once we were seated we had to seek out and ask our waitress for anything we wanted. She was not at all attentive to our table. Third, the head pro at the golf course is a complete jerk and you should not be advertising this as a golf resort if you aren't allowing your guests to make tee times. The only tee times offered to me a week in advance was 5PM (which I took). I called every day leading up to this 5PM tee time to see if I could get something earlier and the answer was always the same - nothing is available (with an attitude). When my playing partner and I showed up for the 5PM tee time we expected the course to be packed. We played a full 18 holes in 3 hours 15 minutes and only ran into 1 group of a father and his 10 year old son in that time. How could it have been that busy? Besides the fact that they just wouldn't give us a decent tee time the bad attitude I received from the head pro when calling and in person was shocking. If this is really a members only golf course which guests *may* be able to play on if it's not busy then you should not advertise yourself as a golf resort. Unfortunately this will have been my last visit to the Ocean Edge as I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

3  Thank Josh G
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Traveled to the ocean edge resort for a workshop in late June/early July. I have been the before and was not disappointed upon my return. The resort is beautiful, people are friendly, facilities clean and maintained. I stayed in arbor village (13a). Nice, clean 1 bedroom villa with a living room and kitchenette. Each day, the rooms are tended to which is a nice way to make you feel as though you are not home but on a getaway. People working there are friendly and courteous! Bartenders at Shark Bah were working hard during the World Cup games!! All nice guys!! I ate at local restaurants and not on site... Many in walking distance, others you may have to drive to. The area itself is beautiful and worth the trip. Would recommend the resort!

Room Tip: Stayed in arbor village. Close to lynx tavern and the arbor pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!