“A fantastic trip and worth going back!”

The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Boston
“A fantastic trip and worth going back!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was fortunate enough to join my friend for a night at Ocean Edge Resort. I found that staying at the resort was unpretentiously luxurious (a term used by another Trip Advisor user and a perfect description).

The resort staff are very accommodating, courteous, helpful and respectful to all individuals. To the best of their ability, they help to make your stay as memorable as possible. The grounds are well kept and the beach is perfect for anyone who hates to bring stuff to the beach. The staff help with towels and chairs. In addition, the onsite restaurant - the Ocean Terrace - has an amazing vista but also amazing food. I ate the swordfish 5 days ago and I'm still dreaming of it. I only wish I could get the recipe! Our bartender/server, Adam, was extremely customer-service oriented. All in all - a very pleasant trip and worth going back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had an incredible time at Ocean Edge. The staff was amazing, our room was spotless, when our fridge did not work, a new one was sent up immediately. The resort had everything we wanted. The location was perfect. Some things were a bit pricey, tennis and bikes being the two that I thought cost a bit too much, especially during what seemed 'off season'. The pools were great, both indoor and outdoor. The beach was nothing short of perfect and the staff was so helpful.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villas were perfect for a family of 5, had plenty of extra room!
Norwell, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just returned from a one week stay at the Arbor Villas at the Ocean Edge Resort.
From the staff at the reception to staff at facilities and restaurants, everyone was really welcoming and went the extra mile whenever possible. We had a fantastic time of relaxation and activities for the whole family. There is so much to do, one week wasn't enough to cover everything.

We stayed in the Arbor Village, right on the golf course and the apartment was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The only things that could have been improved were the quality of the mattresses and the fact that the window treatments did nothing to darken the rooms, so we woke up pretty early every day (good if you're a golfer, which we're not).

The facilities were numerous and really well maintained and the grounds were immaculately kept. Food at all the restaurants was excellent if pricey, and the ambiance was very nice.

We would definitely like to go back!

1 Thank SouthShoreFamily
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We booked a weekend villa for 2 adults and 2 children. The grounds are wonderful and the facility as a whole is neat and tidy but the rooms are nothing special for a "luxury" getaway. It is basically a little condo. What really bothered me however was that over the fathers day weekend the weather wasn't very good but my kids were really interested in going swimming. The fun soon ended however when they found out how cold the indoor "heated" pool was. We were really looking to spend sometime at the resort but my kids didn't even want to swim. I was really disappointed. One pool attendant said the "heating pumps" weren't working and another had no idea what was going on. The resort had also not started the nite time bonfires yet (this would have been a perfect weekend) and the kids would have looked forward to it. We mentioned our disappointment to the clerk at checkout and all he said was "oh that's to bad". I had great expectations and I guess I shouldn't have. We recently stayed in Williamsburg,VA at a similar type property and our expectations were exceeded.

8 Thank eoffer
Pleasantville, NY
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a last minute getaway to Cape Cod. Using the App, Hotel Tonight, we got an amazing deal on a one bedroom villa at Ocean Edge, the Villages. The main resort is down the road but this was not a problem because we had all the amenities we needed at our location. There is a restaurant on the Golf Course, called the Linx for those who do not want to cook in the Villa's fully equipped kitchen. There are tennis courts, a fitness center, and an amazing indoor pool with lap lanes that are 25 yards long. Being a swimmer, I was in heaven. Everything is clean and meticulously maintained. The staff is helpful and friendly. We had a drink, overlooking the bay at the main Restaurant bar. The bartender was great. She was friendly and gave us some great tips about our trip to see Provincetown the next day. The atmosphere is quiet and laid back. It was a wonderful stay and I wish we had the time to stay longer. It is in a great area of the Cape, convenient to other towns and beaches. This is someplace you would want to visit again. The only disappointing part was not being allowed to use the resort beach because we were not on that property. The management might want to re-think that exclusionary policy.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa that is not too remote. Ours was in Arbor Village which was almost 2 miles from the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank aries2748
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed at the Villages over the weekend and was very happy with the room, the grounds, and the very helpful, friendly, and accommodating staff. The view overlooking PTown and Truro was incredible. The entrance is just a glimpse of what to expect. I will make sure to return and play a round of golf or two once I get some friends interested in a great getaway.
Thank you Ocean Edge for a weekend I will never forget!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim1corc
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had to stay for business, and was in Arbor village which is footsteps from the Linx restaurant. Because it was off season I had the place to myself. The bartender, manager and chef were amazing. I am a vegan, and he prepared not only a spectacular veggie platter for me, but also a scrumptious berry dessert. Grounds are beautiful, place was immaculate. Everything was great. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank UniverseGurl11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#4 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!