“Fall Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Northborough, Massachusetts, United States
“Fall Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I got married at Ocean Edge Resort this past September. We worked with Rita and she was AMAZING! She made me feel so comfortable and took care of everything!!!! It was the dream wedding we always wanted and I would recommend Ocean Edge to anyone. We stayed in the newly renovated hotel rooms and they were just gorgeous. The food was perfect! We really had a wonderful time and I can't say enough about our coordinator Rita how great she was!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erin R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our room was very underwhelming, but large. Surprisingly, our bedroom was way too tiny to be comfortable. The bed was a double at best. The wi-fi that you had to pay extra for only worked for one device. I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support trying to correct the problem so my husband and I could both do a little work, but it was never solved. We will definitely visit the cape again, but we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Mayzgirl

Travelers are raving about these Brewster hotels

Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ocean Edge was the perfect location for our wedding on 11/16/12. Stacy Bianchi and her team helped put all of our dreams into a reality. 90% of our guests were not from the Cape and they loved the accommodations. Ocean Edge is located on Cape Cod in a great location with spectacular views. The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. My wedding guests had the option of staying in a villa on the mansion side, a hotel room on the mansion side or a one bedroom villa on the villages (golf course) side. The staff was very helpful and provided transportation to the guests staying in the villas until 1am/1:30am to make sure people didn't have to worry about drinking and driving. We loved Ocean Edge and if we could do it all over again, we would do our wedding there in a heart beat!

Room Tip: I would pick the mansion side just for convenience and the rooms/views are spectacular
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family stayed here for 5 nights in a villa. Upon arrival and checking in, we added our extra day since we were all "wowed" as soon as we drove on the property!

Our villa was larger than we expected do it was even more comfortable for our stay. Nice decor....having a kitchen was a plus because we could buy breakfast and lunch at a nearby store and not break the bank

The restaurants were amazing on the property! We ate at the pub in the basement of the mansion two times. It was reasonable. The clubhouse restaurant was wonderful too.

The only criticism I had was the pool snack bar. It was horrible ..... Microwaved burgers?? Really??!! We threw them out....they really should renovate that snack bar to include a grill!

Oh boy.....our favorite day was taking the awesome bike trail from ocean edge resort! It was so much fun riding with all of us for hours and hours! I'm talking about 2 adults and a 22 year old man, 20 year old girl, and A 17 year old. I felt like a kid again At 48!

We will definitely return one day! We loved it!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Audrey K
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The main registration and the meeting and banquet rooms are located in stunning, 100 year old buildings that are like Grand Mansions. Beautiful grounds, lovely wood panelling, these buildings exude Cape Cod charm. The groundsm the lawn, the beach front are all wonderful.

Our rooms were literally "down the road" too far to walk. There is a shuttle bus system although we used our car to get back and forth. The rooms are immaculate, with three or four to a cottage, but the decor is pure fifties or sixties. I felt like I was sleeping in my parent's home.

The staff were friendly and helpful, but the set up is challenging. We were there for a conference and the distances made easy meetings difficult. There were our weddings during my time there, and we all felt like they resulted in us becoming second tier guests.

Anyway, if you golf,it would be beautiful. I am very glad that we stayed here and experienced this fine old building. Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not unless some real investment was put into the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a cottage as close to the Main Building as possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our wedding with a "mini-moon" weekend in one of the villas on the golf course at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster. Just know that you will be treated like a special guest from the moment you enter the property. Jillian B at the front desk was incredible in helping to find an itinerary that matched our preferences...from a great breakfast spot, to a park/beach walk, to a Cape festival! We were able to see and do everything and felt as if we had our own personal concierge. The room was a one bedroom walk-up that had a small kitchen and living room area. We also had a small deck to enjoy a glass of wine outside while getting ready to go out. While the property is large and can be intimidating, the staff was friendly and there are many on property walks and restaurants. We also had quick drives to quaint Chatham, the Wellfleet Oyster Festival, Hyannis, and Eastham Seashore. We are looking forward to an anniversary stay!

Room Tip: Specify when booking what your preferences are...beach, golf, family stay, etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul C
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Let me start with the positives. For some reason we were given the wheel-chair accessible room and for those who are interested, here's what the room offers. The room has plenty of space for a chair to maneuver. The bathroom is equipped with bars for the shower and toilet and has a shower chair. There is a bath tub in the room, not a roll in shower (all though there is plenty of space in this room to convert it to a roll in shower. There is at least one hanging bar in the closet that is low enough to be reached from a wheelchair. The downside of this particular room is that the entrance from the parking lot is right by the indoor pool and the lobby reeks of chlorine. It is also adjacent to the stairwell and the elevator lobby. The mansion itself is difficult at best for accessibility.

Personally, I had no trouble with the decor of our room. It was clean and in good condition.

We were guests of a group and I have no idea what our room in the west wing of the Mansions cost,so I can't make any comments on value for price, other than to comment that I don't understand why Holiday Inn and Motel 6 can offer free internet connections while the luxury hotels have to charge for it. I can comment however on the food and service at Ocean's Edge and I have to say that it was TERRIBLE. It was like the service staff had never worked in a restaurant before

I'll start with lunch in Bayzo's. We arrived just after the pub opened. There was only one other table of guests. While my easy-to-please husband was quite happy with his meal, a sandwich (and cold fries which he wasn't planning to eat anyway), my experience was quite the opposite. I ordered the onion soup and the mussels. The soup wasn't hot enough, barely steaming; it sat before it was delivered to our table. The mussels should have been fantastic but they arrived at the table cold. I sent them back. Instead of cooking a fresh batch, they just poured off the broth and re-heated it. The mussels were still cold even if the broth was steaming. How do I know that they just reheated the broth, because they weren't gone long enough to cook a fresh batch! We weren't the only ones in our group complaining of hot food arriving cold.

Our small group dinner in the Roscommon room, a very lovely room, was even more of a disaster. First of all, when whoever was making the plans for this meeting, they were shown a huge menu with multiple choices for dinner. When the group arrived, we were told that it was restaurant week and that only a prix fixe menu was available. If the organizer had know this in advance, he would have had time to arrange an alternate venue that offered enough choices for the group. There were three choices for appetizers, four main courses and three deserts--in other words, not even close to the four page menu that was the basis for choosing to eat at the hotel. Even worse, when we arrived, they announced a substitution for one of the items.

The lamb shank was wonderful. The tuna (should have been salmon with crabmeat stuffing) and the swordfish plates all arrived overcooked and cold. One person I saw had ordered the chicken dish; her plate was cleared practically untouched. I didn't get a chance to ask her what the problem was with her meal. One man ordered swordfish and they tried to give him the tuna. They had not cooked enough swordfish and had to go cook more. That was the only plate served hot. They couldn't keep straight who had ordered what and kept putting plates in front of the wrong people 9and then clearing them to put in front of someone else). They NEVER refilled the water glasses once we started our main courses, if they ever did at all. They rushed desert, like they were trying to get us out of there. We had barely finished the main course.

Breakfast was equally a service disaster. First, it is buffet with an omelet bar (the only good part of the whole buffet). There was not enough seating and there was not enough staff on duty to cover seating in two separate rooms. After getting our meals, getting coffee, jiuce and water was like pulling teeth. They weren't ready fro the number of people in the dining room. Instead of having pitchers of water in the room, servers were running back to the kitchen to bring filled water glasses --to tables that were already set with empty glasses waiting to be filled. I watched one woman at another table being served tea; the hot water arrived, no teabag. She waited 10 minutes and had to ask twice. And forget the price. It is buffet or nothing for breakfast. I paid $22 to eat half an omelet (that's all I wanted), four strips of bacon and a cup of coffee.

All the ladies could talk about over breakfast was how terrible the food and the service was.

Would I come back here? Probably not, Given all the choices on the Cape, I'll take some place that offers free internet and won't tick me off when things go wrong. The more I spend on a hotel room, the closer to perfection I expect and the less tolerance I have when things don't go right.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the wheelchair accessible room 101 unless you need it. It shares a wal...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Peregrina651
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
3.5 of 5 stars 331 reviews
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!