Stayed in the Villages the last weekend of September, 2012. We were there for a Cape wedding that was not on property. The check-in process took 30 minutes. There was only 1 additional request made at check-in and I'm shocked that it took so long to get me the keys! The 1 bedroom suite furnishings were dated, although the kitchen and bathroom seemed somewhat updated. There was a musty, been closed up all season-long smell to the place that did not go away even though we ran the air conditioning all day to try to get rid of odor. The kitchen was well-stocked with pots, pans and dishes. There was a coffee-maker with coffee, but no tea! Additionally there was no dishwasher detergent, no dish detergent, and no laundry detergent. I phoned the housekeeping department and was told "we do not provide those amenities" quite rudely. We went to breakfast at 9:00 and there were no tables available in the room with windows. The receptionist was rude and said that if we didn't eat in the other room, we wouldn't get seated because they would close at 10am. The buffet looked delicious but wasn't. It was quite expensive and be forewarned, they charge the full buffet price even for a cup of coffee.
There was a murphy bed in the living room that could easily fall on a young child. The price of the suite was astronomical for what we received. I cannot reccommend Ocean Edge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contact us directly at Ocean Edge for best rates. Our Villages side spans 380 emerald acres that are as friendly to walk as to bike. Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas welcome you with chic, quintessentially Cape Cod décor. Just outside your door awaits the finest in golf and tennis, from our private Nicklaus Design golf course, driving range and putting green, accessible to Members and Ocean Edge guests only, to 9 tennis courts. Guests will also enjoy our new Beach House Spa, which offers massages, pedicures, manicures, hydrafacials, a private porch perfect for wedding days, and more! In the summer months, stroll, bike or shuttle to golf and tennis areas, restaurants, crystal-clear pools (3 outdoor, 1 indoor), two fitness centers, a cardio room, basketball court, picnic area, toddler playground and Blueberry Pond. Hop on a one of our new Freedom Flyer bikes at The Villages and coast along the historic, scenic 26-mile Cape Cod Bike and Rail Trail that meanders through Cape Cod villages and is dotted with ice cream parlors, antique shops, lobster, baseball games and more. Our convenient, all-day shuttle service is available in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, MA - Cape Cod