“Don't stay at Ocean's Edge - Brewster, MA”

The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Brewster is a good location for exploring lower Cape Cod, but don't stay at Ocean's Edge.....
- The Ocean was too far away > 1 mile
- The room decor was cheap and ugly
- I asked the desk twice to have a clock in our bedroom and each time they said they would deliver one but never did.
- The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything in the room next door.
- There was a kitchenette but it was lacking cooking items, like no skillet.
- They charge $10 per day for internet use.
On the plus side, the landscaping was nicely done.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SoPo04106
BryanWebb, Director of Sales at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you for submitting a review on Ocean Edge. I sincerely apologize that our front desk staff did not deliver a clock radio after you brought this to their attention. I wish to assure you that I will cover this in our next staff meeting to ensure requests such as yours are not overlooked in the future. The ocean is located about a mile from our Britterige Village. I will take another look at the description of those rooms to ensure the location is properly conveyed for future guests. Please know that we market all guestrooms located on the Villages side of the property to have the comforts of home within a short proximity to many wonderful local Brewster beaches. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will contact me to discuss this further. I would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence in Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club. Thank you for your time and comments.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

We accompanied my husband on his work trip to Cape Cod and stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort. The resort is well maintained and clean. The rooms are spacious and we loved having our own private balcony. The grounds and original mansion & carriage house are beautifully maintained. We stayed in the West Wing, but it was a huge headache for us because there is no elevator to take you from the ground floor to your room. So this meant we had to transfer our luggage, stroller, 2 toddlers up probably 15 steps to get to the elevator. It was a real downer everyday because I had to carry 1 kid and help the other walk up/down the stairs since we took day trips while my husband has his meetings on the property. On the last night of our stay, an older employee stopped and offered to help me. He mentioned they should have put us in the East Wing where you can access the elevator directly from the ground level. That info would have been nice to know when we checked in and they delivered 2 pack in plays to our room. Anyway, just wanted to mention this because if you have infants, toddlers or someone with a disability STAY AWAY from the WEST WING! It is not accessible!

3  Thank Livebait3

Thank you for taking time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you found our guestrooms to be clean and entire resort to be well maintained. Both our East and West Wing guestrooms have elevators. There are stairs between the East Wing and the ground floor/parking lot. There is however a pathway with no steps that leads to handicap accessible parking. In addition, the West Wing does in fact have an elevator that can be accessed from the ground level with no stairs. The West Wing can also be accessed from the registration parking area without having to negotiate stairs. We always take great care to place guests who are disabled or those traveling with children in a room that is most convenient for their personal situations. It is important that we know these details prior to arrival so that we take the utmost care in catering to our guests’ needs. Any member of our staff would have been happy to assist as you experienced when you were approached by one of our employees. I am sorry that what you experience marred what appears to have been a delightful stay. Thank you again for taking time to submit your review on TripAdvisor. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

I went to the Ocean Edge for a conference. Everything was well-organized, food was excellent, service was commendable. Pool and gym very nice, clean, bright, pleasant. Rooms are delightful with little balconies, lots of space. Pub food is good, and service is always excellent. Grounds are well-kept and wonderfully landscaped.Close to interesting sights. I would highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank lillianeyre

Thank you for taking time to review our wonderful resort on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your time and commendations. Your kind words provide fuel to our team as reviews that compliment our service (twice!) is what we are all striving to achieve. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you and your conference attendees again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

My husband and I had first visited this resort in February for a "date weekend". Our room was spacious and clean with lovely bath products. Although it was winter, we still appreciated the historic buildings and the grounds of the property. We enjoyed our stay so much that we came back during April vacation with our 2 children. This time we rented a villa room which gave us enough space. The schedule of activities for the children was very entertaining along with the use of the 2 indoor pools. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. As a family, we loved the experience. We will definitely return for another school vacation. The grounds are simply beautiful with outstanding ocean views!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beachy86

Thank you for your kind words and continued patronage. We developed several new children’s programs during February and April School vacation weeks. I am delighted that your family enjoyed those activities. We look to welcoming you and your family back to Ocean Edge in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Ocean Edge is OUR home away from Home! We love vacations there, because the hospitality is second to none! Golf, beach, restaurants, pool, bike trails, tennis, basketball, fitness center, friends. What else could you possibly want on a vacation! I highly recommend Ocean Edge to anyone looking to experience a great resort in beautiful Cape Cod!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank win42
BryanWebb, Director of Sales at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Thank you for taking time to review Ocean Edge on TripAdvisor. Your comments match the type of experience that we hope to create for all of our guests. Thank you for making Ocean Edge your home away from home. It is our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the many years to come.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

The grounds are pretty. The room we stayed in was normal - nothing spectacular. A fridge in the room would have been nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to submit your comments on TripAdvisor. A small refrigerator can be added to our Mansion wing guestrooms upon request for a small fee. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again the very near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

I love to travel and go to the cape often. When I needed to attend a conference I was thrilled to be staying at,what looked like a gorgeous resort. Initially, the staff seemed to be going out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It took me a while to find my room as the room, my conference, the pool, and the registration desk were in 4 different buildings (no fun when it's raining). My room was spacious but the outside deck was facing a wall and some dead shrubs with white plastic walmart chairs. there was a brown stain on the top blanket that I chose not to identify, hairs on the tub, and dried lemon bits on the lid of the ice bucket...Really? $150+ room rates --I expected more. During my conference session, we called to front desk because the water pitchers from the session before us were empty and there was a huge tray of trash that needed to be removed. The front desk seemed very happy to take care of this..BUT.. After an hour and a half, I went looking for staff who eventually brought us water and got rid of the pile of empty cups and wrappers. On the positive side, the beds were comfortable, the tub was HUGE and the water got SUPER hot! (good for hosing it down BEFORE a tub--just in case!) Daniel at the front desk was very nice and tried to find me a place to eat in the area. There was no refridgerator or microwave in the room. Just a coffee pot and ice bucket. Not sure if other rooms had these. Internet access was free but I think it was included in our conference fees. Though the location was ideal--not far to beaches and some nice places to dine (Orleans very close), I doubt I would stay here again. I guess if you're a golfer, this would be a nice place to check out but I would look at the room first before unpacking to make sure it meets your expectations. For me, Cleanliness is the most important factor.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view..2nd floor?
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for submitting a review on Ocean Edge. We sincerely appreciate all feedback; good or bad. Cleanliness is a top priority for our resort, and I can assure that this is something that we do not take for granted. We strive very hard to maintain the highest of standards throughout the resort. I am sorry that what you encountered was not up to our standards. I assure you that we would have rectified these immediately had this been brought to our attention. Our Mansion wing guestrooms do not have fridges; however, once could have been provided upon request. Two thirds of the resort’s guestrooms do have these amenities although your group was assigned to rooms that were most convenient to your meetings. I apologize again that we failed to meet your expectations. I hope that you will call on me personally when your travels bring you to the Cape again as I would like to demonstrate that are far better than what you previously experienced. Thank you for your time.

Bryan Webb, Director of Sales & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!