“Relaxing and comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 9 Brewster B&B and Inns
Gilmanton, New Hampshire, United States
“Relaxing and comfortable”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed in The Cottage Room for two nights. It was perfect! Comfortable beds, plenty of amenities. We had a wonderful time. I liked that it was very clean. We would recommend The Ruddy Turnstone to anyone looking for a Cape Cod get away. We were very pleased and look forward to returning. MS

Room Tip: the Cottage is the smallest room, but plenty big for a few days. If you wanted to stay longer, you m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Ruddy Turnstone is a perfect spot for a long weekend -- or even a week -- on Cape Cod. We stayed in the Bay Room and loved it. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and it was great to have a space and a chair to sit and read, a little table for work or a quick bite, and more than ample closet space (off to the side) to store our things where we didn't have to see them. We loved having the big picture window and gorgeous view of the marsh and loved starting our day with coffee on the little (and very private) deck. It was easy to get to and a great base from which to explore the Cape. We'd recommend it -- and have -- to any of our friends and can't wait to go back ourselves.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosie6191
Gilmanton, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Cape Cod at it's best! My wife and I stayed here on the week of the 4th of july. The people that run it were eager to help , and they did! We stayed in the cottage room, which was very cozy. They showed us the other 2 rooms, and the pictures on line just don't do them justice! We will Definitely be going back! I recommend this place very highly!

Room Tip: The "Bay" room was our favorite when we saw it, but all 3 were excellent!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ed S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ruddy Turnstone for a long weekend--we spent four nights in the Cottage Room. It was wonderful! The room was clean and comfortable, with gorgeous views of the marsh and ocean beyond.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ruddy Turnstone this past weekend and had a great overall experience. The room was clean and the amenties were quite nice; the decor is classic cape cod. There was wifi available and HD tv, and the inn is a close drive to Brewster and Chatham.

The hosts were very welcoming but not intrusive; they provided great advice for travel around the cape and good food and beach recommendations. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KyleEberlin
Brent E, Guest Relations Manager at The Ruddy Turnstone, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I thought I should go back and respond to a few of my old reviews that came in before I had much experience with the site. Your review started it all and made me take notice of Trip Advisor, so thank you! You said that you would be back and you weren't kidding, there have been three more visits since this review! All that I can say is that I am glad that we could provide a space where you feel comfortable enough to truly relax and get away from daily life. We will always look forward to your visits and we hope to see you and your family many more times in the future.
Thanks again, we will see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Old Manse Inn
The Old Manse Inn
#4 of 9 in Brewster
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to The Ruddy Turnstone? Share your experiences!