“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We normally dine at the other area restaurants, but I purchased a Living Social deal to give Fairview a try. Living in the area my whole life I had only been here a couple times and it was a long time ago. My husband had never been so I thought it would be nice to try. Considering the restaurant was very busy, we were able to bypass the 30 minute wait and sit in the lounge in a high top table. The waitress was very attentive and nice. Our drinks, bread(amazing), apps, and dinner were all brought to us in a perfect timely manner. The food was delicious. I had a house salad and a petite filet with risotto which was a special. Yum! My husband had a clam chowder bread bowl which was in the same bread we had earlier and he would not share!! He had the lobster quesadillas for dinner and enjoyed them too. We were too full to have dessert but would like to try next time. Yes, there will be a next time, we had a wonderful dining experience at The Fairview Inn.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have dined at the Fairview Inn several times over the past year. Each time my experience hasn't been as good as the first. This past visit, 1/26/14, we made a reservation for 6pm. We ordered at 6:20pm to be informed that one of the specials was no longer available. A little early in the evening to be out of a "special". Anyway, we ordered another special, the chicken pot pie, which arrived with a burnt crust, which we had to send back. By the time it was delivered the second time, the rest of the party was almost done with their meals, so we ended up taking it to go. Also, it was very cold out and parking was difficult. Unfortunately, there was no parking attendant on duty. We were somewhat disappointed that we were seated next to a 14 day old crying baby and two toddlers. This is not an inexpensive, family restaurant, as reflected by the environment and prices. Our last complaint was our waitress, who kept us waiting almost 10 minutes between wrapping one meal to the other and another 15 minutes to pay for the bill. Unfortunately, the third charm was not a charm and we won't be back.

3  Thank dcjclckc
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Consistent, reliable, for both casual and fine dining. I have never had a bad dining experience here, and i have been a patron of the restaurant for over a decade. The food is consistently well prepared, flavorful with perfect portions. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. Paul and Betty Disch have created a warm and welcoming atmosphere and a nice combination of both fine dining and family friendly surroundings. Prices are a great value. This may easily be the best "all in" restaurant south of Boston.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Fairview has a wide menu selection so something for everyone. Food is good, wait staff is helpful and friendly and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Inn/ restaurant is so wonderful. It is overlooking the ocean with great view. Cocktail hour was busy but service was great. Flavorful chili bread bowl. Plenty of parking in off season and valet in summer.
Out door dining on deck. Fireplaced dinning room. Staff and patrons so friendly I was able to get a room to keep enjoying myself.
The room are all ocean view with fridge small deck with seating over looking the ocean.
coffee and muffins in small hall way for guests. Great off season rates. I cant wait to go back!