Booked this as an economic choice that offered access to major highways and reasonably close to Boston and Cape Cod. It met those objectives, and as a disclaimer, I'll acknowledge the motel was over-booked, and the staff seemed genuinely trying to please. On checking in, we found we didn't get the one-bedroom "suite" we requested that would have offered a sleeper sofa. The mgr did quickly come up with a roll-away, but that did cramp us a bit. Also only 2 sets of towels, and there were no more to be had until very late that night or early next AM. Fortunately, that worked for us.
We also had an issue with the air conditioning that didn't seem to work very well with the on-wall thermostat, and although the unit was originally designed for manual controls, the control knobs were not present. We had to work with either too cold or too warm for the weekend. A door that required some forceful closing to engage the lock probably didn't go over well with the neighbors.
The motel is conveniently located near major highways, and access toward Boston & Cape Cod is pretty straight forward. Going into Boston, you are subject to the vagaries of rush hour traffic patterns, but it's reasonably close to the T, and that beats driving into Boston if you don't have to drive. There's a decent mall close by, and dining ranging from decent to higher end is also close. The little pantry mentioned by another is convenient, with complementary coffee and other odds & ends for reasonable prices. Exercise room and laundry are also nice, and the in-room kitchen is adequate. Overall, the facility seems to cater to the business traveler, but a vacationing family can find some value there.
Motel does have some repair/renovation going on, so hopefully, some of our issues will be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree Hotel is conveniently located just off of Route 93 in the Quincy/Braintree area and just minutes from Public Transportation, Boston's Logan Airport, Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and Downtown Boston. We are an all-suites property, with both Studio and One-Bedroom Suites . Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full-size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check e-mail and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed leather recliner while you enjoy the DVD/VCR Player. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Candlewood Suites is close to Boston area attractions such as Fenway Park, the Freedom Trail, the USS Constitution, Boston Common, Harvard, MIT, Curry College and Faneuil Hall. Patriots football, Red Sox baseball, Celtics basketball, Bruins hockey and Revolution soccer are a quick ride away. The Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree Hotel is also a short drive to Quincy, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Providence, Newport, Salem, Wrentham Outletsand many other places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree Hotel Braintree
- Candlewood Suites Braintree
- Candlewood Braintree
- Braintree Candlewood Suites