“clean room and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree

Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Fresh Meadows, New York
“clean room and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

saw some of the negative reviews but as a travel agent and ihg rewards member gave it a try....room was very nice and also doing well sold....no problem with internet and found staff very friendly and helpful with directions etc.....i would say they did rather well on this visit and would recommend to others....this brand does not provide breakfast and coffee machine was broke....however they recommend ashleys for breakfast in town and its great......would return...nice place at a good reasonable price

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This old beaten up hotels staff treats paying customers like they are infringing on their time and bothering them. I know this is budget hotel, but I don't expect an attitude when asking for a hair dryer in a room where one was missing. The furniture is broken and beaten up. The whole place smells like smoke. Additionally we were informed the evening of our second night of our stay, and not upon booking or even check-in that the mirrors in all rooms were being replaced over the next three days, and that we should expect that between 8:30am and 5pm. They need to enter all rooms and will be replacing and installing bathroom mirrors. DURING the time that we paid for ? They claim it only takes twenty minutes,oh sure at anytime of day? No discounts or comps for this ridiculous inconvenience. I have never heard of such a thing ever in all of my travels. When asking about this mirror business all we received was attitude from the rude woman at the front desk. I stay in the area once or twice a month. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wandersu2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Wandersu2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is unfortunate that this visit was a disappointment. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Braintree hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I see that the hotel's manager promised many commenters here to improve their services. However, nothing really changes. First thing first, the service was horrible, rude, and slow. They didn't really care about giving customers decent service. They treated us like we asked for a free shelter. Plus, they also take your additional $100 from your bank account as an accidental fees without informing you in advance and, if nothing in your room remains undamaged, you will get that amount of money back in 7 days. That's very annoying when you need to spend your money and find out that it's gone. When I called the hotel and asked about it, they 'frustratingly' and 'annoyingly' explained this policy to me. That's funny because I should be the person getting frustrated and annoyed not them! Worst hotel ever. Don't go. There're a lot better hotels out there who care more about their customers!

Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Gale L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your overall experience during your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. It is truly regrettable that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the service you received. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I DID NOT stay here. For my business, I need access to actual fast internet, not the dial-up speeds that most hotels offer. I called ahead of time during non-peak hours to request the front desk to request them to simply do a speed test on speedtest.net. They refused, with rude assertions of how my request was absolutely impossible. I asked to speak to a manager or even any other person in the entire hotel. The "night auditor" Brian, told me that he was the only person there, yeah right, and then hung up on me. I was planning on staying for 10 days, from the 18th to the 28th of February. Because of their rudeness, ghetto talking front desk, and basically telling me that I am ridiculous, they lost out on my business forever.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Justin J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Justin J,

Regards,

Karen C
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

staff was friendly and cupboard was very nice place to pick up a late snack. I found a nice pizza restaurant a short walk from the lobby
the staff was kind enough to print my boarding pass as I didn't have my lap top with me.
the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The only problem they couldn't fix while I stayed there for about a week is the telephone message did not work and they did not fix it

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jajoslarkin
Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a nice extended stay hotel with kitchen and cooking facilities this is a great option!

For a few days business trip; not so much...

They offer free laundry which is great if you need it... There is a F1 car race restaurant nearby to eat something if you don't want to cook...

My experience was ok since front desk girls were all but helpful... They make me feel I was disturbing them while they were chating, texting or watching their movie... They were in the back hidden and almost ignoring me... Not great... Can't give you info, clueless about the Internet and what is available nearby...

Internet was very slow, very on and off, but room was clean and comfortable... Should really improve their wifi... And customer service!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear benoitleblanc,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of the room accommodations you had. Please allow us to apologize for the service you received and the challenges you had with our Internet did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My experience at this hotel was fantastic, although way away from town but the 7days train pass for $18 saved me a lot on transportation. very serene and clean environment with friendly staff ready to help.

Room Tip: if you have business in the heart of Boston, this might not be the best choice for you.