Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
$176
ExtendedStay
$189
$172
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree(Braintree)(Great Value!)
$169
$153
Agoda.com
$159
$135
All reviewsfree laundrycandlewood cupboardfull kitchenliving roompots and pansstove topexercise roomnice bathroomfront desk staffshort driveeasy accessthe south shore plazamicrowavebostonmallhighwaygym
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Close to highway, South Shore Plaza, T stations, Boston. Easy on and off highway to reach hotel. Room was nicely appointed with plenty of closet space, drawers and pleasant bathroom, Nice towels and sheets, very workable desk space with flat screen tv. Efficiency kitchen was clean and had toaster, oven, microwave and stove top. All plates, glassware, silverware and cookware were available. a/c noisy, pillows not great, lobby area very motel vibe but staff pleasant and helpful. Would stay again if on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear tripping58,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked your room and find our staff pleasant and helpful. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience for the shortfalls you have encountered. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Boston Braintree Candlewood suites was a one night stop-over from a trans Atlantic flight before touring New England in late October 2013. I chose it for value and location rather than luxury and a high price.

Having found the place in a semi-industrial estate (not a problem to us on a Friday night) we got what we expected plus a very warm and friendly welcome from the staff.

The room was large airy and completely adequate for our needs, not modern but functional.

There was no restaurant on site but we were able to walk to a nearby restaurant/bar which was very handy.

Recommended if you need an over-night stop, south of Boston, 30 minutes from Logan airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear stevehutch,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Due to earlier reviews, I was a bit worried about our stay however I was very pleasantly surprised! There were 3 couples in our party and we were all happy with our three night stay. The Reception staff were very friendly and efficient. The rooms were a good size and although dated, had everything we needed. As mentioned by others the AC unit and fridge were noisy. Luckily, being October, we could switch them off overnight. We were on the top floor and found the room quiet and peaceful.
The free trolley feeder bus into Boston was a bonus and enabled us to leave the car at the hotel whilst we went sightseeing in the City.
Lots of dining options at nearby South shore Plaza. We had good meals at Joe's bar and grill but poor service and food quality at Cheesecake Factory. Also have to mention the fantastic breakfast we had at Ashley's Cafe, Braintree. Great food. Excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear djm92,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly staff service. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed October 12, 2013

First, let me say that this is the first negative review I have ever written. Usually, I feel that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...however, I have decided to make an exeption due to the treatment I had by this staff.
I arrived late on the evening of August 17, very tired after a day of traveling. I had all of my paperwork from hotels.com, which was good, because they didn't seem to be expecting me. Once that was sorted out, I carried all of my things upstairs to my room.
The keycard wouldn't unlock the door. So I carried my things back to the front desk. No one was there. I rang-No answer. I called the phone number on the business card at the desk-no answer. So I sat in a chair for about 10 minutes and waited. Another guest came in. After a few minute the desk attendant appeared. Took care of that guest, first, which I didn't mind, and then told me that. My keycard didn't work because I was doing something wrong. She walked me to my room and I tried my cards. Neither worked. She let me in with her keycard and told me she would fix it when she got back downstairs. The next evening I returned and my keycard still didn't work. I went back downstairs and was told that I'd been checked out. This was quite unsettling, considering that my luggage, laptop, iPad and other personal belongings were (I'd hoped) still in my room. I still had my info from hotels.com in my purse, so that was again settled. I went to my room for the second time that night, and my keycard didn't work, again. So I went back to the desk and was escorted to my room and it was opened for me. Night three was a repeat of night two, and I was mad. It should not take three trips to ones room to actually gain access to the room!
When I checked out I told the front desk attendant, who rolled her eyes and said the apologetic things that hospitality people are trained to say, in what I can only describe as an extremely condescending, sarcastic tone. (oh, there there, poor thing. It must have been awful for someone like YOU to have to take the elevator upstairs again and again.)
I emailed the manager and the person who should handle customer service. No response. So now I am telling everyone on trip advisor. Stay away!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheBackyardTourist
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear TheBackyardTourist,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have had with the level of service received from our staff. This is definitely not up to our standards and we will use your comments to improve on our efforts to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and we regret the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at 5 star hotels. I must say that the service and responsiveness of Brittany and Kemi (each on different shifts) has exceeded 5 star attention. They are so welcoming and cheerful on a daily, consistent basis. They achieve quick results for all my questions and needs. They even anticipate my future needs! FYI, I have been here for several weeks.

With service like this and clean rooms and a convenient location, why would I pay for a 5 star hotel instead?

Room Tip: There are a few one bedrooms if you would like more space and privacy. Otherwise, all the rooms have one full size bed and a pull out couch.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business