“Visit to Boston”

Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice to have a room with a kitchen. Location was good, close to everything. The halls were being remodeled so thus messy...Room was a smoking room....even so clean. I think a little more care in spraying air spray and airing the room out would help with the smoke smell. I kept the window open and bought air freshener, which helped greatly. Otherwise it's a great spot, reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed at Candlewood Suites in Braintree 2 times in 2012, march and october, and really liked it. Both occasions were shopping trips and Braintree is a great location for such a trip. The hotel was newly renovated and the rooms were spacey and nice. Plenty of room for luggage. The fridge was a bit noise at nights but I just used earplugs :)

Big plus is free parking when you have a car, and also a BIG plus is that South shore plaza shopping mall is just a 3 minutes drive away with lots of shops and restaurants.
Service was great, I had some packages delivered to the hotel before I came and they kept them for me safely until I arrived with no charge at all. Super service for the shopper. Very nice staff, friendly and willing to help.
I would stay at Candlewood Suites again anytime.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I need a place to stay for the 2013 Boston Marathon. I started looking late and most places in Boston had been booked or over priced. I found Candlewood online and decided to give it a shot. I stayed 2 nights and was very pleased with my stay. It's about 15-20min from downtown Boston and with no toll roads between. Free parking is a big plus and staff was nice. Gym looked clean and a few restaurants are close. Newly remodeled rooms are not perfect but clean. When I return to Boston next year I will be staying with them.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Manziej
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was clean but the floor i was on was being repaired. I had a broken refrigerator that leaked onto the floor the first night I stayed (28Feb2013-06Mar2013). I told the clerk on duty--never got fixed my entire stay. Electric stove eyes never heated well.
Laundry room was clean and neat.
Staff are friendly--that's all one could hope for.
Location is about 4 miles from Red Line T subway. You have to walk 15 minutes to Wood Street and Granite and take bus 238 to the Redline(mbta.com). Bus ends around 11pm

Stay was ok.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear areacode323,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the staff.

However, We’re sorry about the refrigerator. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is a very rugged type of your average Candlewood Suites, that means housekeeping once a week, and no breakfast room. The major hassle is actually getting to the location if you are not coming with a car: the hotel is located in quite a distance from Boston downtown, and it does not operate any shuttle to the nearby subway station. You basically have to walk to the bus station for 15 minutes on the road, no sidewalks, ride the bus for the same time, and then hop on a subway for 45 to get you to Boston. Basically 1.5 hours to get you to the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Yigal,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Due to the fact that Candlewood Suites is an extended stay properties, in an effort to respect the privacy of our guests, daily housekeeping is not provided. However, many properties do have it available upon request.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a good deal for relative proximity to Boston. The rooms have all the standard extended stay features and a small health club and serve-yourself convienence store. This is not in Boston by any means, about 10-15 miles out, nor walking accessible to the T or suburban rail, so come by car. Right near South Shore Plaza (mall and restaurants) and just off 95/Rt 3.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This spot was OK for a location, off the highway, but in the middle of an industrial park. The front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly, but one gets the impression that there are cleanliness and maintenance issues when walking through the front door with worn carpet, torn wall moldings and a general look of disrepair. That carried into the room with a dysfunctional door handle and a bathtub clogged with hair. The side exits and grounds were littered with cigarette butts
Hotel personnel came to the room immediately to clean the tub and once in the room it was comfortable and well equipped. Unfortunately, first impressions will likely have me choose an alternative location next time

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear GaryT421,

Let me first thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services. It is nice to know you found our front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment with the cleanliness and the condition of our hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree
Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Residence Inn Boston Braintree

Been to Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!