The Candlewood Suites was one of a hand-full of hotels recommended to us by the coordinators of the lacrosse tournament our son was competing in this past weekend. The hotel including our room was clean, the staff was friendly and efficient (easy check- in and -out; we were also allowed an early check-in when we arrived), there was plenty of parking, the room was quiet, and the kitchenette was fully stocked with everything one would need to prepare a snack or a meal. In addition, the hotel had Wi-Fi available at no charge and the hotel was conveniently located to where we were going for the tournament as well as getting to and from Boston Logan International Airport.
On the down-side I found the hotel to be located, along with a few other hotels, in an industrial area, there was not a restaurant on the premises nor was there one open close to the hotel (there were 2 restaurants on Wood Road that we noticed - one was a German restaurant but it was closed for dinner on Saturday and the other was a deli which was likewise closed, I believe, all day on Saturday), there wasn't a swimming pool, and the hotel did not have a business office so we could print out our boarding passes (although the young lady who checked us in offered to print our boarding passes out for us if we'd e-mail her copies of our boarding passes...WOW!).
All in all it was a nice stay, but the Candlewood Suites did not offer a couple of amenities I've come to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree Hotel is conveniently located just off of Route 93 in the Quincy/Braintree area and just minutes from Public Transportation, Boston's Logan Airport, Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and Downtown Boston. We are an all-suites property, with both Studio and One-Bedroom Suites . Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full-size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check e-mail and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed leather recliner while you enjoy the DVD/VCR Player. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Candlewood Suites is close to Boston area attractions such as Fenway Park, the Freedom Trail, the USS Constitution, Boston Common, Harvard, MIT, Curry College and Faneuil Hall. Patriots football, Red Sox baseball, Celtics basketball, Bruins hockey and Revolution soccer are a quick ride away. The Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree Hotel is also a short drive to Quincy, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Providence, Newport, Salem, Wrentham Outletsand many other places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree Hotel Braintree
- Candlewood Suites Braintree
- Candlewood Braintree
- Braintree Candlewood Suites