“no bedbugs”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Burlington, Vermont
“no bedbugs”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Candlewood Suites, Braintree had no bedbugs because, as my colleague said, even bedbugs have standards. I had a "no-smoking" room on the 4th floor (Room 436) yet had to walk through a smoke-filled hallway to get to my room. In the living room of the suite, the A/C unit had separated from itself and the A/C vent cover in the bedroom fell off the wall. The baseboard trim in the bedroom was unglued and flopped over on the rug. The sofa in the living room and chairs with fabric covers were stained. The kitchen floor was sticky. The shower worked well and I'm pleased to report the shower curtain didn't have mold on it. This place feels like the maintenance crew has been on strike for ...the last few years. The place feels dirty, worn and falling apart. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a reasonably priced accomodation--you deserve better than this!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you're not a fan of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Monofilament

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This facility is clean and average nothing fancy or any wow factor, I had to stay here because all the other nicer hotels were full and this was only reasonable place left to sleep no complaints or anything a clean place to rest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I needed a place to stay locally with my pets due to a crisis at my condo which put me out for the night. The reservations representative was very helpful and friendly and helped me out on very short notice on a Friday night. I got a great weekend rate of $109/night for a studio suite. The room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable. Overall, I would stay again if I ever had the need for a local hotel and I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
us
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We found it challenging to find an affordable place to stay when attending an event in the south shore area. Even though our stay wasn't about the beaches, summer rates for any available rooms within driving distance of the Cape are high. I wasn't sure what to expect based on the prior TripAdvisor reviews but we had a positive experience with this hotel. It is close to 93 and Route 3 and also convenient to the Braintree (red line) T station for car-free trips into Boston. Our room was spotless and had its own kitchen, with fridge, range, microwave, cooking pans and dishes supplied (we didn't use for a quick overnight, but seemed like a nice benefit for people who need to be in the area for a few days). Problem-free wireless access. The room was quiet, had well-functioning air conditioning and we were able to enjoy a good night's sleep. Great thick towels in the bathroom and even an iron and ironing board in the clothes closet! There is a basic fitness facility downstairs which I was thrilled to be able to use in the morning. A room adjacent to the fitness center has guest laundry facilities and there is complimentary coffee. Efficient checkout. We were pleased with our stay. This hotel offers a rate option based on Priority Club points and we thought it was an excellent value.

I would give it 5 points for basic functionality and convenience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I don't have any real complaints about this hotel, especially given that I got our room for $92, when I couldn't touch the adjacent hotels for under $140! Wood Road is near the mall, but that's about it. The hotel is set in a semi-industrial setting.

Hotel was clean. Bed was a bit hard.
If I needed a room in Braintree I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wellington, FL
Reviewed July 28, 2011

When I booked the trip online I had no idea what to expect when I got there.

The room was large with a nice TV, small kitchenette area, (including a stove, microwave, sink, dishes, glasses, plates, utensils, a full sized fridge). The bathroom was roomy with a large shower-bath. The closet was pretty good sized, too. The bed was a queen size and very comfortable. Everything was clean, and the staff was very pleasant. I was pleased with the accomodations and would stay there again.

This particular location was minutes from EVERYTHING. Boston, Logan airport, the North Shore, western suberbs, etc.... The interstate is two minutes( if that) from the motel. The South Shore Plaza is fantastc and also a minute or two away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Travelling with a small child is never a walk in the park but a full kitchen and connecting rooms with family was super and all it took was a phonecall earlier that day.
Close by there's good shopping at the mall and also a Starbucks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 7 in Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Howard Johnson Quincy
Boston Marriott Quincy
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston

Been to Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!