Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$147
$168
$161
Hampton.com
Beantown Inn(Braintree)
$179
$174
Hotels.com
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree(Braintree)(Great Value!)
$174
$142
$139
$153
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree laundrycandlewood cupboardfull kitchenliving roompots and pansstove topexercise roomnice bathroomfront desk staffshort driveeasy accessthe south shore plazamicrowavebostonmallhighwaygym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Travelling with a small child is never a walk in the park but a full kitchen and connecting rooms with family was super and all it took was a phonecall earlier that day.
Close by there's good shopping at the mall and also a Starbucks.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Well, when I made my first experience with Candlewood Suites in NJ I was impressed how much you get for this price. But obviously I should not generalize and vary my opinion from location to location. I am on a 14-night business trip and most change every night the hotel. The hotel is slooooooooow... Check In and out: SLOOOOOOW... Agent does not come to the counter to serve you and prefer to stay about 6 feet behind a cube to see with half faces... Privileges for Priority Club Member are not offered although a wheel of fortune was just at the front desk to see what you get as good treat. But even it's obviously there: YOU MUST ASK - They do not offer. It's maybe their chain is treated like a stepchild on the website of InterContinental. Then you experience the torture in your room: the a/c!!! Not that she was so loud, cold and breezy (and nothing works - no matter what you entered nothing changed...) but you were tortured all the night slowly and I am sure the secret services of the world would like to have this a/c: I am now for two days under treatment as I have a total stiff neck. Checking out at 5.00 am: no invoices under the door. No outside in a cover at the door-handle. Agent says: they do not do it anymore and was again SLOOOOOOOW to make a new print-out (computer shut-down and reset) but then wrong room number (I am changing every day my room so how should I know at this time). Unable to ask for my last name to find my correct room number just a "BUT YOU SAID THIS ROOM NUMBER". Nothing a guest would like to hear at this time of the day and is under hurry to get this flight. Never had a more unfriendlier treatment. The minimum qualification someone should have who is working in a service related business like hotel is friendliness. They still did not keep their promise to e-mail me the invoice. No tool to download like with others. I am sure that want to have me back to torture me again... that is why they have not sent the invoice so far.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I loved this hotel, and always wanted to stay here versus anywhere else in the area. The staff is friendly. The rooms are large and have kitchenettes. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The internet works well. They are pet friendly. No breakfast, but they do have a cabinet where you can buy just about anything you need. The only downfall is the last time I stayed there I found roaches. one crawling on the wall and one on the stove. If they can get this under control it would be where I want to go back to stay again, since we travel to the area a lot. I checked that I would recommend to a friend, but I would tell them about the roaches, like I said I really liked this hotel,so hopefully this problem will be dealt with because it is a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2011

They have a problem with bed bugs there, I had three different rooms, and in every room I found faeces and they bite me in the night.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Lala015
Portsider16, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

A common misconception of a bed bug issue is that it equals lack of cleanliness in a room. However, that is not the case. According to numerous web sites and research, "Bed Bugs" are actually brought in a hotel, or any public place, by people. They are transported in clothes, luggage or even hair and skin. Unfortunately, 'bed bugs' can occur in any place.

It is relevant and truthful to this conversation that the reservation in question began on arrival on January 3. The discovery of the bed bug issue was brought to our attention on January 24...21 nights into the guest' s stay. The hotel takes this issue with the utmost seriousness. Upon notification of the issue, the hotel immediately contacted its pest control specialist and the guest was moved to another suite. Upon investigation of the suite, there was evidence of what was described to us as a fresh case. The suite was treated.

The following night, it was reported to the hotel by the guest that there was a bed bug issue again in the new suite. Again, the hotel took immediate action by moving the guest into another suite and contacting our pest control specilaists. In this case, NO evidence of bed bugs was discovered in the suite.

The following night it was reported to us again and the guest decided to depart the hotel. Again the hotel immediately contacted the our pest control specialist. And in this case as well, there was still NO evidence of bed bugs in this suite either.

The management staff of the hotel investigated the previous stays history of the original suite over the past two months.We found the suite was occupied on 9 occasions during the month of December. At no time during that month and up to the guest's arrival were there any complaints of bed bugs in the suite. The suites only stay in January is the guest's 21 night occupation.

This is an unforunate circumstance. Our response is not to make insinuation, just to disclose the facts of the matter in fairness. We wish the guest well.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

This place is run by some very nice people. When I found a hair in the bed, they came in to change the sheets quickly and in a flurry of apologies.

Great restaurant recommendations (for Boston) and directions at the front desk.

There were still dust bunnies in the corners, but I forgive them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business