“wish I could have stayed longer”

Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was at a conference in the Briantree area and chose to stay at the Hyatt Place Braintree/Boston because of its location and price. I was not disappointed.
As I walked into the lobby with my roommate, we were offered complimentary shuttle service. The staff was friendly upon check in - and our room was great. Comfortable double beds, a sofa sleeper area (which was not requested but given to us at check-in,) a large screen TV, small fridge in the room - were all plusses.
The only minus is that I really like a magnifier make-up mirror. The lighting in the small alcove area, where I could be close to a mirror, was not enough. This is not a deal breaker, but always appreciated when an early morning meeting forces one to get up early.
Free breakfast looked wonderful - did not sit and enjoy; I had to grab some fruit and a muffin and hit the road.
My roommate and I thought that we should call our husbands and stay another night, after the conference, and take advantage of the room - but we headed home anyway :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I was not impressed with our room considering the name Hyatt. It was simply average and I have stayed in nicer chain hotels. There was a stuffiness not quite rectified by adjusting thermostat which also seemed to carry through to the hallways. The staff were very friendly and helpful however. It certainly wasn't horrible but just nothing special. It served its purpose for adequate room and cleanliness for one night's stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel common areas are nice, plenty of onsite self parking and location is close to shopping and dining (across the highway and hotel shuttle will take guests to that location). Chose this location due to convenience to Boston yet not being in Boston.

Had a problem with the room which we discovered after unpacking and getting dinner to the room. Went to desk and they said they would call someone to come fix the issue. No one showed up so later went down to check and was told they are aware of the issue and it's a major repair and couldn't be worked on until the next day. We were checking out the next day!

Desk personel were very nice, apologetic and tried to be helpful by offering another room. However it was late and we would have had to pack up everything to move and just wanted to get some sleep after a long day of traveling. My question to the desk was...if they knew this was a major repair why in the world would they put guests in that room especially since other rooms were available (as they offered to move us)?

Also had an issue with the charges for food at the lobby cafe. Overcharged for items with clearly listed prices showing on menu and in food case. Had to get that refunded before check out.

This location was highly rated here on Trip Advisor and perhaps we just hit a bit of bad luck on our stay. Unfortunately could not recommend this Hyatt Place based on our experience and wouldn't look to stay here again if in the Boston area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pbUSA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here while visiting our son who goes to college in Boston. We couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. While the location is certainly not "in" Boston (it's an easy 15 minute drive to the south) the price was about half of the astronomical rate that comparable hotels were getting in the City. The hotel is sleek and modern, with a definite upscale feel. Public areas and our room were very clean. Our one-bed standard room felt much larger than I'm used to, with a suite-like sitting area set off distinctly from the sleeping area. The free breakfast was as good or better than what we've had at similar-priced hotels elsewhere.

I also should note that we had great experience retrieving a lost cell phone, which I left it in the room accidentally at check out. I spoke with the head of housekeeping who arranged to return it to me - across the country - at no charge. I was already certain to stay here again on our next visit, but this experience prompted me to post my first Tripadvisor review in appreciation of the great service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave F
Steve B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your very generous comments. I'm delighted to know we exceeded your expectations - and especially with getting your cell phone retrieved. We can't operate without those little instruments these days! I will pass on your compliments to the staff. Hoping to see you return on your next visit to our area.

Wishing you the best.

Steve Buckler

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our stay was 5 days. Can't say enough about the great service and friendly staff. We arrived very late (wee hours of the morning) & got lost on the way to the hotel from the airport. Called the hotel and Roger actually came to our location & we followed him "home"! That's service! The people at the front desk were so friendly & genuinely interested in helping us with tours, directions, transportation, etc. One night we got in after the Hyatt hotel shuttle had already left the "T" station. Chris R. came & picked us up! MORE great service!

This hotel is also close to a major mall & restaurants. Shuttle service provided.

The hotel is located about 25 minutes on the T from the heart of Boston, which made it one of the most affordable places to stay in the area. Clean rooms, refrigerator, free breakfast, great service and super people!

We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No restaurant, but food service available 24/7. Not room service. Food is ordered then you pick it...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to both Roger and Chris - both are stellar associates and they will appreciate your gratitude.

Hoping you will stay with us on your next visit to the Boston area.

Wishing you well,

Steve Buckler

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The rooms here are average at best but it's the customer service that really played the negative factor in my stay here. Most of the staff is fairly average, however, if you come across a night receptionist named Johnathan, be wary. He is extremely rude and condescending. I dealt with him a few nights and every time I did I walked away extremely aggravated that I had to deal with him. It could be because he's in his 50s and still working nights at a dumpy hotel nowhere close to Boston. However, that dose not constitute being rude to your guest who have simple questions about the area.
I strongly suggest not staying here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had stayed here years ago when this was a Sheraton Hotel. We knew it was being renovated under a new name and were pleasantly surprised to find it was now a Hyatt and was open for business. We made a reservation for 3 nights and checked in on Thursday, October 4th. We had been helping our daughter move and we were exhausted when the very nice, and very helpful clerk at the front desk allowed us to check in early. That was the best part of our short stay. The room had obviously been recently redone and was very clean. That was a plus. However, the mattress was overly and uncomfortably firm as were the pillows. Not quite rock hard but close. The TV remote, or perhaps it was the TV itself, didn't work very well. It worked, then it didn't, then it did, then it didn't ... and so on. The air conditioning unit/fan ran very loudly and continuously. There was only one coffee mug and there were no glasses in the bathroom. The light in the bathroom was very dim, making it impossible to apply makeup. The light outside the bathroom was also too dim to be useful. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom so when we showered the steam just built up and completely clouded the mirror. And it didn't dissipate very quickly. We did not call down to the front desk about these problems on Thursday night as we were so tired we just turned the lights off and tried to sleep but as I mentioned before, we did not find the bed to be comfortable and sleep was difficult. We decided on Friday morning to check out 2 days early and we moved to another hotel that was close by in Quincy. The same clerk that checked us in was again on duty and we explained to her why we were leaving early. She said that there had been other complaints about the bathroom lighting and ventilation. She said she would pass on our comments and she did give us a small discount on our bill for our inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree? Share your experiences!