“Nice hotel with Excellent Services”
Review of Beantown Inn

Beantown Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Belfast, Maine
“Nice hotel with Excellent Services”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a perfect hotel to stay at if you want to go into Boston to explore the city without staying there! The shuttle and services is perfect!
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean but per hotel stays, the bathtub could have used a more through cleaning. It isn't a 4 star hotel but it is nice and is convenient.
We also were able to order in from the Four Square Restaurant and shop at the local mall, which had everything we could ask for including the Cheesecake Factory.
For us, this hotel was a perfect location in a upper class suburb.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came to Boston for a small reunion and found this hotel's location to be very convenient. It is an average hotel with comfortable beds and very clean rooms. What makes this hotel great is the staff. The manager and his employees are very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast had all the usual items but the employee assigned to it made sure everything was neat and clean and stocked. The food was good and hot with plenty of choices. We had a problem in our room the first day we were there and it was fixed immediately. Everyone there was very friendly which definitely made our stay more enjoyable. A big thank you to the manager for going above and beyond the call of duty and getting me to the Logan express on time! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel at a good price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012 for 9nights while visiting family in the area. Hotel is conveniently located right off the highway a few miles south of Boston yet no traffic noise can be heard. It is easy to drive to Boston and the parking lot is also very convenient with ample space. This Hotel is close to the Quincy Adams train station which brings you into the city centre and the Hotel offers a shuttle service to and from the train station which is nice.

Hotel lobby was small but nice, modern and clean. There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel but you are only a short walk / shuttle or taxi ride to the South Shore Plaza which has lots of different restaurants. Check-in was quick and went smoothly and the staffs were friendly & helpful they couldn’t do enough for us.

The room was a decent size and clean with microwave and fridge. There was plenty of room to move around which is unusual for American Hotels but very very small bathroom. There is free Wi-Fi in the rooms which is quit fast.

The breakfast is average and decent but severely lacking in healthier options for those of us who don't necessarily want sticky buns, bacon and the like. They did have yogurt and bananas, but that was about it for healthier fare.

Compared to the prices for staying in downtown Boston this hotel is fantastic value. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants good quality at a reasonable price. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mags200
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I cannot praise the reception staff enough, what lovely ladies especially sue who was so kind to me after a really hard day at a funeral. it makes all the difference to have such nice kind and considerate staff. The rooms were really well laid out and clean, beds comfortable, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
yonkers, ny
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I tried this place twice, hoping first time was just me being particular. But the 2nd time sealed the deal. It is not a new property, just redone over but some things remain like tiny bathrooms. It is not the worst place I have ever been, by far, but just not impressed with it either. I stay in Holiday Inn Express all the time. What really finalized my decision to never go back there again is the fact that I left a few bucks in change on the dresser right next to the tv and when we came back from the day out, it was gone. Now it it was just a few dollars from our pockets, and we leave change in our hotel rooms always instead of carrying the change around and it always remains there. So the next morning, I purposely left 2 Dollar bills and 2 Quarters on the bedside table. We left and when we came back that evening, it was gone as well. Now I don't think the custom has changed where we tip nightly. Isn't it usually upon departure? So they really need to teach their staff not to touch people's money when cleaning the rooms. I deducted the money she had already helped herself to from the tip I left on our last morning there. I didn't bother speaking to the staff when we checked out hoping to get in touch with management when I came home but have not had the chance. Hopefully they see this review and educate their staff. By the way, friendlier people at the front desk might be nice too. Just saying!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Beantown Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear magrock10,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret you received unacceptable service from our staff. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Detroit Metro, MI
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were desperate and waited to the last minute to find a room, and took a smoking room. We are reformed smokers and the stay was fairly miserable. The bedding, bed linens and bathroom linens seemed a little dingy. The beds were average. Plenty of pillows which is nice. There were noisy people in the hallway. We didn't complain. We spent very little time in the room and only had about 5 hours of sleep before we had to leave the next morning. I know that I will plan ahead next time, as this must be a popular area for hotels, maybe with a shortage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Beantown Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear geoniff,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of products and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Braintree hotels

Middlefield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my husband for a weekend in Boston. If this hotel had not been where the preferred room block was for our friends wedding, I would not have stayed here. It was just average.

The room was ok. Our room was a first floor room and the light was so bright at night from the parking lot and hallway, that we put towels along the door floor and window so we could get some sleep. The shower tub never drained correctly when I took my shower, so I showered in a lot of standing water. My husband, did not however, have this issue, so it might have been the amount of water pressure I had the shower set at. I did like the micro fridge in the room and was glad to have it.
Also, the room doors appeared to have been recently painted, and as a result, the keyholes were painted over. Made me nervous when someone did knock on our door and I couldn't tell who it was.

Hotel is conveniently located right off the highway, so it was easy to drive to Boston. There's a mall in the area and a short drive to some very nice restaurants in the area. Parking lot is also very easy and convenient with ample space.

The front staff also did a great job arranging a taxi for us to get to our friends wedding. It could just a couple improvements to make it a bit better HIE.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Beantown Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry about the bathroom/shower condition. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Boston Marriott Quincy
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Beantown Inn? Share your experiences!