“Maybe it's just me...”

Konditor Meister
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Braintree
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 24, 2013

They build gorgeous cakes for weddings and other occasions. However, in my opinion, they are better to look at than taste.

2  Thank Eagle42
There are newer reviews for Konditor Meister

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great bakery with tons of minature pastries. They also had 9" cakes ($32) but they were mostly for a special occasion. The place was very busy and we saw several customers ordering wedding cakes. The prices are alittle high but well worth it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've had their cakes several times, for special business parties and events - they are absolutely outstanding. Their cakes don't just look nice - they taste just as good.

1  Thank Irwin A
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Konditor Meister came highly recommended.
Since I live 45 minutes away, I ordered the cake over the phone by someone named David-- A very easy process thanks to how knowledgeable he was.

They recommended the 8" cake for our party of 9 (they say its for 12), but I went with the 10" cake (feeds 20?!). In case it was good, I wanted some extra. The 10 incher yielded 9 generous slices (actually wedges) plus 4 extra wedges.
Each wedge was measured & cut to include a strawberry.

I went with the Strawberry Grand Marnier with gold cake with white chocolate Mousse and fresh strawberries. The cake is designed with large strawberries dipped in white chocolate around the top of the cake. At my request, the bakery replaced the decorative flowers with more chocolate dipped strawberries--13 in all and topped it with shaved white chocolate. Between the layers of cake is are thinly sliced strawberries, Grand Marnier & some fresh whipped cream.
The entire cake was covered in fresh whipped cream.
While I thought the golden cake was actually a little lacking in flavor, the strawberries were over the top delicious as was the whipped cream. It was all about the fresh ingredients.

At pick up while waiting for my cake to be boxed, I had no choice but to purchase a small box of assorted mini pastries--cheesecake with fresh strawberry, carrot cake and mini fruit tart.

I already ate the the fruit tart--mmmm a 10 !
The custard filling was great, the shell fresh and the slice of kiwi, strawberry raspberry and blueberry provided the perfect explosion of flavor. Recommended with a glass of milk.

With high expectations I was not disappointed.
Definitely a great place to go for a cake for a special occasion.
The cake was an 8.5 out of 10 and the pastry a 10!

2  Thank HowieW W
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Konditor Meister cakes are excellent. The brand itself is a statement: this is a special occasion. The cakes are rich and full of good ingredients. Worth the cost. They also make lovely little pastries, but again, you pay for the quality.

1  Thank CarolineMcMuffin