“Very good service but average food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our new location in Braintree is making a splash. Designed to evoke memories of vintage seafood restaurants, the space offers as many seating options as fish in the sea. Those looking to satisfy any thirst (or hunger) for fun, can choose between our bar, oyster bar or table and booth seating alongside the open kitchen. In warm weather, a glass wall slides back to a large patio. Our menu includes all the Legal Sea Foods classics, but also some specialties of the house that will reel you in. And our late night menu, available Monday through Saturday, begins two hours before close. We're located right off of Route 93 in South Shore Place, across the street from South Shore Plaza.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good service but average food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

This restaurant was very convenient to the hotel I stayed at - just a few seconds of walking out the front door. Very good service, welcoming and friendly. Definitely plenty of food for the price charged. I ordered a lobster roll, without the roll, to save room for desert - Legal is famous for its huge portions. It all looked great, but the fries with the lobster meat were a bit well done, and really greasy with too much salt. The lobster meat itself tasted as if it had been marinated in some kind of citrus juice, and was full of tiny bits of green onion (I love onion taste, but can't digest it, and it's a lot of work to try to separate those tiny bits out of the lobster meat when one is hungry - plus the flavor and onion juice is already in the lobster). Maybe I should have asked about how this was prepared before I ordered, but other Legal places I've been to usually have wonderfully plain lobster meat. The diet soda I ordered had a really peculiar taste to it, with a citrus overtone, but it could have been the local water - it just did not taste like name-brand cola to me. Desert was a huge chocolate mousse-type parfait with cream layers, and huge - and it was sugar-free. I was so full from this lunch meal that I did not need dinner.
My family and I returned for dinner, and apparently the restaurant does not take reservations. We arrived at 7 PM, and had to wait almost 90 minutes to get a table. The place was packed with happy diners, and the noise level was so high that we had to literally yell at each other to hear each other. It was a cheerful bunch, however, and everybody was having a good time, and the service again was outstanding. My family's meals were again enormous portions.

San Antonio, Texas
“New Location same great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

When I travel to Boston I always make a stop at any of the Legal Seafood locations. Consistency and service at its best. If something doesn't look or taste right they change it no questions asked. For over 20 years this has been my go to restaurant. The schrod is my favorite. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I am hooked. Try it of you don't like it they will fix it . What more can you ask for...guarantee at its finest. Wish you were in Texas.

1 Thank MLUSA
“Nothing tasted right”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We started with a Salmon Tartare, which tasted horrible, too heavy. I took a lemon sole fish, all I tasted was butter, no lemon, and the fish was a filet definitely not fresh. We tried to save the meal with desert, a Belgian chocolate mousse, it was so grainy that it was just not edible. For what we got, it is very overpriced.

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Excellent Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Legal Sea Foods is a New England legend, and this one pretty much lived up to the reputation on our first visit to the chain. The clam chowder was quite good, and the fish and lobster well prepared. My swordfish came with an absolute mountain of onion strings. My only disappointment was that it seemed quite loud; perhaps that is a cultural difference from the Midwest but to us it was unusually noisy. For seafood, though, it was excellent.

Visited June 2014
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Nice interior, good service, just average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This new location is very nice in inside and comfortable. Our server was very good and very friendly. The food...was just average. I had fried clams which were good but the fries were not particularly tasty. Coleslaw fair. I also had grilled asparagus. They were the largest sticks of asparagus I have ever seen. I only ate the tips but all I could envision was GMO's being pumped into them to create a larger species than normal which was a real turn off. Others at my table had clams and scallops and seafood topped salad. We all were satisfied with the meal but not blown away. I used to enjoy Legals so much more in the past. After creating so many chain locations, it seemed to lose its panache for me. Will not be hurrying back anytime soon.