“Delicious as ever”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our new location in Braintree is making a splash. Designed to evoke memories of vintage seafood restaurants, the space offers as many seating options as fish in the sea. Those looking to satisfy any thirst (or hunger) for fun, can choose between our bar, oyster bar or table and booth seating alongside the open kitchen. In warm weather, a glass wall slides back to a large patio. Our menu includes all the Legal Sea Foods classics, but also some specialties of the house that will reel you in. And our late night menu, available Monday through Saturday, begins two hours before close. We're located right off of Route 93 in South Shore Place, across the street from South Shore Plaza.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

These people have it right - oysters, spicy appetiser, consistently delicious crab cakes, stunning lobster, great wine and servers who not only enjoy what they do but have character about them. It was a Thursday night, the place was rammed but as consistently good as ever - the question would be why not - well done all.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Have visited this Legal's location at least a few times now. Food and service is always outstanding. Visited on a very busy Saturday night. Had a reservation. I was seated promptly upon arrival. I was very irate when they sat my party of two in the "private dining area" of the restaurant. We were seated in a private area amongst several tables of large groups. It was so noisey I could not hear myself think. Wanted to request another table, but judging by the amount of folks waiting for tables, I thought it would be a considerable wait before I could get another table. So I decided to put up with the noise. Our server who was wonderful apologized twice during our meal for the noisey room. (and that was without us complaining) Normally I would be giving this reviiew 5 stars but I feel the need to subtract at least one star for the ambience.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had lunch with my 27 year old daughter. We were promptly seated. Our server, Michelle, was very attentive. Upon ordering, I requested all vegetables, no starch or sauces with my tuna steak. When I got my order, there was sauce on my tuna. My server spoke with her manager, who promptly delivered a fresh meal to my requested specifications. My daughter ordered the meal as described. Our lunch was fantastic. Because of the kitchen error, we ended up with extra tuna. Everyone was pleasant. I don't think I've ever had as many management people stop by our table and make sure everything was ok. And, it wasn't just us. This was the atmosphere throughout the entire restaurant. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Zrotkiv
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Arrived for an early Sunday lunch, the coffee was luke warm and burnt, ordered the fried clams, which came atop of a lot of soggy fries, At $18 these are pricey bad fries for a few fried clams - and the sauce looked like road kill, so I didn't dare dip the few precious clams into it. Recommend you go to a clam shack if desiring NE fried clams and skip this particular Legal Seafoods.

2  Thank BostonSue
Reviewed February 23, 2014

When I return to my hometown Braintree/Boston area, the first thing I want to do is go to Legal Sea food for lunch. Often I go right away at the airport, but sometimes must wait to get out to the suburbs. I started going back in early 70's when it was picnic benches and paper plates in Inman Square, Cambridge. Can taste the Baked Schrod now as I write about it. Oh, when will I go again and taste the best fish I have had?

1  Thank Mary Beth H