“Great Service and Great food to match”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our new location in Braintree is making a splash. Designed to evoke memories of vintage seafood restaurants, the space offers as many seating options as fish in the sea. Those looking to satisfy any thirst (or hunger) for fun, can choose between our bar, oyster bar or table and booth seating alongside the open kitchen. In warm weather, a glass wall slides back to a large patio. Our menu includes all the Legal Sea Foods classics, but also some specialties of the house that will reel you in. And our late night menu, available Monday through Saturday, begins two hours before close. We're located right off of Route 93 in South Shore Place, across the street from South Shore Plaza.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Perfect location for business lunch with reasonable prices. Our Waitress was really sweet and gave us extra attention to help with suggestions. She was a bit nervous with the owner of all Legal Sea Foods at the next table but she did great! Crab cake lunch was great but not large at all. The fries that came with were huge so I wasn't going to be hungry. Salads that my fellow diners had was good but one salad came in a noticeably smaller bowl than the other which was a bit strange. They addressed it (un-provoked) at the end of lunch and offered to provide more but that would have been awkward. I think they probably should have offered to comp that salad but they didn't we weren't going to complain in front of clients. That is my only complaint though and I do think the staff was a bit shaken by the visit by the "top dog" but all was well.

There are newer reviews for Legal Sea Foods

Reviewed January 10, 2014

So very easy to eat here - whoever is walking past your table, irrespective of the work station they are working at, they will take the time to respect your decision to spend your $ with them. It is one of a few exceptional establishments that have the right cocktail of excellent speciality food, customer service and great dining experience. I have never been disappointed. I applaud those who stick to doing one thing and doing it very well.
Location ideal for parking (as opposed to fighting way through the mall), & for walking 20yds to bed (Hyatt Place)

1  Thank Croft69
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I were going to AMC theater in Braintree and we thought we would try Legal at their new local in Braintree. I sent her in ahead so I could park the car. There is limited parking close to restaurant so parking not easy and they told her a 20 minute wait? An hour later we sat down. So we were not too happy but from that point on it was very good. The waitress was fast and attentive. The clam chowder was as good as ever and my schrod was fresh and tasty. My wife was real happy with her almond crusted salmon. We had our food within 15 mins ate it all in 15 minutes paid the bill and made the movie (Saving Mr. Banks) very good movie too. So if I didn't have to wait so long and found a parking space fast I would have given the highest grade. My advice is to call ahead and make a reservation.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were in town staying at the Marriott in Quincy and went to this restaurant on Saturday the 28th of Dec...we had to wait 30 minutes for a table, the place was buzzing....terrific atmosphere, great food, great friendly service too...the new building is really lovely and a great addition to the area.

All in all, excellent......cant wait to go back..but will make reservations the next time to avoid the wait. Well done to a great team.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I dined here for the first time on New Year's Eve and it was fabulous. Despite the restaurant already being packed at 6 pm, everyone from the hostesses to the wait staff to the manager, were friendly but appropriate, efficient but unrushed. Everyone acted like there was nothing they'd prefer to be doing with their holiday than serving us. The hostess noted the special table request on our reservation and made it a point to offer and explain our options. There was a slight mix-up regarding a wine order which the waitress and the manager handled with gracious and sincere apologies (it WAS very busy and a big night at the bar.)

I ordered a special: macadamia encrusted mahi with squash and broccoli. The fish was very good and the veggies were outstanding. My husband had the almond encrusted salmon with mushroom raviolis and he also subbed broccoli for the spinach. He thought his fish was ever so slightly overcooked but 'done-ness' is subjective and we will just order it less done next time. Broccoli is broccoli but this was cooked to perfection with just the right amount of crisp.

The only "complaint" that I had was that the temperature and air flow kept wildly fluctuating. I was freezing when we arrived and people around us where eating with their coats on. The cool breeze moving through the place was more uncomfortable than the temperature. Then the breeze stopped and it warmed up and everyone took their coats off. Then it started up again.

When they fix the temperature bug, this place will be perfect. The food and service already are. We'll be back.

1  Thank BlueTravels