“tasty food and good value”
Review of Joe's American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located in the South Shore Plaza
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were going to go to the Cheesecake Factory but saw this place next door and liked the menu offerings....we were not disappointed. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious! I had the meatloaf which is made from braised short ribs and has a BBQ type sauce on top...it was a large portion and delicious. The food was served promptly. The dessert was delicious.... a brownie baked in a little skillet with vanilla and coffee ice cream scoops, fudge sauce, and some whipped cream...terrific!

2  Thank cohenprof

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to Joe's after leaving Cheesecake Factory which did not seat us within 30 minutes. We were seated immediately at Joe's. The waitress came to our table right away and we were eating within 15 minutes. Boy does that beat Cheesecake Factory!

We had burgers and they were grilled to perfection.

Overall, the service was perfect and the food was great.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I don't know if there was just a staff shortage that day but the waitress serving me was rushed off her feet and didn't serve me as quickly as I would have liked. If I wasn't very hungry and wasn't dining on my own, it probably wouldn't have bothered me. The food was nice. I had steak tips and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. Wasn't much gravy. The whole thing seemed a bit too dry but alas, maybe it's perfect by US standards and I'm a foreigner with different expectations.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great selection of American fare/pub grub. This time around we had Joe's burger, pasta and meatball, and chicken piccata. Never a complaint I bring friends here often. Great selection and service every time.

2  Thank AlohaShirt_1906
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Dark & Stormy - incorrect ginger beer. Hopefully they locate this. Round Bread came out warm and was very tasty. If you eat here ask for the steamed mussels as starter you will not be disappointed. Spare ribs mouth watering. Other suggestions Mahi Mahi. Service from the twin was very good.