“Reliably good if not exciting”
Review of Joe's American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located in the South Shore Plaza
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Kids love the food. My husband always enjoy's Joe's tuna. The atmosphere and the lighting are always good. And the service was very good.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have visited Joe's in the South Shore Plaza several times and have always had a good experience. Dana and her staff do an excellent job of taking care of their patrons. The atmosphere is lively and fun and the fact that it is at the mall allows you to get some shopping in before or after your meal. The bread and butter they bring to your table are delicious. The clam chowder in a bread bowl and the chicken club are two of my favorites. Remember to leave room for dessert as the portions are large and they are good.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've eaten here multiple times, and it's always a solid choice if you find yourself at the South Shore Plaza. The most recent was this past Saturday night - we put our names in for a table for 3 at around 6:30. We were told a half-hour wait but it only ended being about 15 minutes or so. The hot bread and butter is always fantastic, and their chowder is very good. (Not too watery, not too thick, great flavor.) I had the chicken fajitas and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the chicken and the plentiful sides (fresh guac, cheese, sour cream, pico, etc.) Service was a little slow but the place was PACKED. Our server was apologetic and was clearly busting her butt running around.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

the food was bland and they couldn't even do well done steak. i have nothing else to say about this place will never eat there again

1  Thank bajan7712
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wrote about their Dedham location last April, and affirmed that we wouldn't be eating there again. I can now add the Braintree location to that comment. We really didn't have a choice this time, as we were invited guests of someone in our party.
When we arrived, the place was nearly empty. The service was agonizingly slow. I had a "fancy" grilled cheese sandwich and fries for $10.... give me a break. Glad I didn't pay for it. The rest rooms are down two flights of stairs. Hope we're not invited again!

1  Thank Eagle42