“Excellent Italian food”

Maria's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant has been in the same location for many years. We started to eat there in the late 60's when we lived in Braintree. There was a period when the food was not great, but the last few years it has been excellent. Their specials are varied and very generous portions. It can get crowded at times, but worth the wait. The Italian sampler is just too large to eat at one sitting. .you have to bring some home.

2  Thank Dofnay

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've never had a bad meal at Maria's. The servers are always friendly and the food is always fresh and hot out of the oven or off the stove top. The baked ravioli is amazing and the chicken parm will not disappoint. The interior is a bit dated but it makes for a fun atmoshere.

1  Thank Janet L
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I love this restaurant, I have been dining here for well over twenty years. I never once have been disappointed. The food is awesome, my favorite is the lasagna with a side of sausage. The prices are reasonable, service is excellent, I can’t wait to go there again.

1  Thank Bone414
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Maria's is a very popular place, and difficult to get into some nights. We went between lunch and dinner. Now about the food... As a decent cook, I'm always trying to treat pasta dishes in new and different ways. Having said that, it had been a long time since I've had just "ordinary" spaghetti and meat sauce with a meatball and sausage. I was really in the mood, and it had been a long time since we had been to Maria's. All entrées are accompanied by garden or greek salad, or soup. Red sauce is unique because EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION ON RED SAUCE...Here is mine... Maria's red sauce is average. The meat balls are just OK, but the sausage is above average. The lasagna is quite good. The salad was very fresh and crisp.
The facility does need some help. The décor is straight out of the '50s and '60s , and too dark. We did enjoy the meal and will go again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Best place around , great food , great prices , best around , every meal comes with a Greek salad at no extra charge , has been around forever , love the sauce

2  Thank Ajajjsjsja