“Seafood perfection! Excellent service. Pricey.”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Get reeled in to our U-shaped bar or wood-paneled dining room. Those traveling to and from Cape Cod on Route 93 are known to make a stopover for seafood. And not to be missed: two monumental fish tanks in our restaurant, one fresh water and one salt water. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our server, Christopher B, was very knowledgeable and helpful when we asked questions and for recommendations. We were 100% pleased with our selections. The blackened swordfish, steamed broccoli, baked potato with side salad with low fat raspberry vinaigrette was awesome! I had the low fat clam chowder, i won't make that mistake again. It was like water. On this item, go big or forget about it. I have also had the stuffed shrimp and seafood casserole on previous visits. Every time we come to this area, Legal Seafood is a must!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This venue remains a local favorite. No complaints on quality of food or service. The staff are always friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

LS has a great reputation, but living on the coast of Mass. we have years of experience with fresh seafood. I would rate them 4 stars out of 5. Food is very, very fresh but not the best we've had. I agree with another reviewer that it is loud and almost always very busy. Parking is difficult. We had the fish chowder and it was a little disappointing - good but not as great as it touted to be. I had the seafood casserole and it was really good and incredibly fresh. Service is a bit rushed and a little pushy at times. Bottom line - the parking problem alone limits our visits to LS.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have dined at this Legal location on several occasions. Have never had a bad experience. My most recent dining experience was no different. Started with an appetizer of Rhode Island style calamari. Delish! For an entree I ordered a grilled striped bass. My bass was accompanied by a creamy, perfectly cooked risotto and roasted brussels sprouts. Excellent dish. My dining partner ordered a stuffed trout. Trout was stuffed with a shrimp, cornbread and bacon stuffing, served over a beautiful bed of greens. The greens had a wonderful smokey flavor to them. A phenomenal presentation and oh sooo good! Service was outstanding.

1  Thank bettyjean1
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped here for dinner after shopping at the South Shore Plaza Mall. The dinner wasn't planned but we have enjoyed many gatherings at this particular LSF location. This restaurant will be moving to another location in the near future. However, the quality of food and service is consistent. For an unplanned dinner out, our visit to LSF was a terrific treat that capped a very nice day.
For starters, we enjoyed a terrific calamari appetizer, 'Rhode Island style'...a heaping serving with an abundance of spicy peppers.
For entrees, I ordered a remarkable stuffed trout dinner...a large fish, split in half and loaded with a shrimp, bacon and cornbread stuffing; served over some sautéed greens. This generous entree was incredibly flavorful with a southern style smokiness that went well with my refreshing draught beer.
My dining companion ordered the striped bass special that came with a rich risotto...also an amazing pairing and very flavorful. She enjoyed a chilled and refreshing Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay with her dinner.
Our server was very helpful and courteous and quick to offer suggestions with a friendly smile. Other LSF staff associates were cordial as well.
Both meals were reasonably priced and presented with artistic flair. We look forward to visiting the new location and expect the quality tradition will continue.

1  Thank ThinkingOutLoud