“Lived here my whole life and never gave it a try 'til now”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Get reeled in to our U-shaped bar or wood-paneled dining room. Those traveling to and from Cape Cod on Route 93 are known to make a stopover for seafood. And not to be missed: two monumental fish tanks in our restaurant, one fresh water and one salt water. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went with my brother and parents for dinner one weekend. None of them even knew there was a Legal Sea Foods in the mall. We didn't have to wait for a table even thought it was a Saturday night. Being from around here, I always scoffed it's a tourist trap but I was pleasantly surprised. The prices were not as outrageous as I had thought, but then again this location is perhaps not as pricey an area as Boston would be. Anyways, I was surprised my scallops and shrimp were big and juicy. My brother enjoyed his swordfish, my mom enjoyed the Fisherman's Platter, and my dad loved the clam chowder and he's usually very snooty about good clam chowder recipes!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had to get my New England seafood fix while back in the United States and this was the perfect place for it. The service was excellent and when combined with the best fresh seafood, the experience was wonderful! The menu included a wide selection of local New England beers and all types of seafood. It was the perfect location for our family dinner.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Convenient to our hotel, great service, comfortable environment and quality, tasty food. Met family there for an unscheduled get together while we were in town - perfect visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This has become our regular stop with visits at least twice a month if not more. It is one of the few locations that provide consistently good service and food.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Clam Chowder is the best love it,always have been a Legals buff a big fish and chip fan and the location in the south Shore Mall is just great, pricey but never diappointed.