“Average seafood restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Get reeled in to our U-shaped bar or wood-paneled dining room. Those traveling to and from Cape Cod on Route 93 are known to make a stopover for seafood. And not to be missed: two monumental fish tanks in our restaurant, one fresh water and one salt water. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
“Average seafood restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Very, very good fish, extremely flaky and crisp with breadcrumbs. However, I haven't been here in a while, it is very good. And one of their salads with walnuts and a vinagrette is just FABULOUS!

Tuscany
“Always a good experience at Legal SF”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

The Legal Sea Food at the South Shore Plaza is keeping high the good tradition of all the LSF restaurant I have been before, good atmosphere and good food + drinks and good service.

• Visited December 2011
Abington, Massachusetts
“Great server & good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We went there for a late lunch on Oct 13. Gillian S. was our friendly/personable/congenial server; she was very helpful in explaining the menu & made us feel valued. I hope everyone can be lucky like we were & have her happy personal service!

• Visited October 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Yes this is a chain...but I have eaten here 5 times and never once have I been disappointed. We had a big family party so we had the back room. The service is always fabulous. Raw selections are so fresh, we are all oyster lovers. I had a cup of chowder (clam) ...you just have to have it, it is just great. A lobster followed that and of course we all sampled a little of everything. I tasted great fried clams, fried shrimp, a baked shrimp dish and wonderful tender baked haddock. It is always good.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank chefgal99
Columbia, Missouri
“Nice Restaurant, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I had a nice dinner at Legal Seafoods in Braintree. It was a little difficult to find because the address just takes you to the South Shore Plaza. The restaurant is not very noticable from the main drive around the Mall. I saw a number of restaurants but not Legal Sea Foods. I finally had to call and they guided me in. It is kind of tucked away by the large parking garage toward the back of the Mall. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu choices and was very courteous. The food was very good. Very enjoyable evening.

• Visited August 2011