“Pleasant change to menu.”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Get reeled in to our U-shaped bar or wood-paneled dining room. Those traveling to and from Cape Cod on Route 93 are known to make a stopover for seafood. And not to be missed: two monumental fish tanks in our restaurant, one fresh water and one salt water. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We have been to this Legal Sea Foods location a number of times and it has become a favorite destination for special occasions. The quality of food and service are consistent. On this most recent visit, we were pleasanly surprised by the menu change. Now, we have not experienced any problems with the menu in the past. However, the new menu has been jazzed up with some interesting flexibilty for the diner. And, there were some intriguing complete dinners featured. I opted for the very creative Imperial Hake dinner and it was outstanding. Our table also ordered the soft-shell crab dinner and it was deemed "the best" dinner ever experienced at this location. The service was impeccable (a special "Thank you" to Bruce C. - very attentive and knowledgable)... We thought the portions were ample and we complemented the meals with a nicely chilled chardonnay. The evening was terrific and we look forward to a return visit in the near future.

2  Thank ThinkingOutLoud

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I eat in this Restaurant every year I go back to Boston. I love it. The food is top quality. When we were seated there was a little mix up and we were forgotten about for about 30 minutes, but when the hostess and manager realised, they couldn't have been more apologetic. The waiter that serves us was very professional and friendly. I can't tell you his name only that he was from the North End, which doesn't really narrow it down. My scrod was so fresh and I finished off my last meal in Boston for a year with the cheesecake which I must say contrary to believe is way better than the cheesecake competitor in the same Mall. I would highly recommend this Restaurant, who gets things so right.

2  Thank janiel
Reviewed October 30, 2010

For years, Legals was always the place to go if you wanted the best seafood in the Boston area. Not anymore. When we told people we were going to Legals for dinner, they all said the same thing. It's not that good anymore. We ignored their advise and went anyway. The restaurant is clean and the decor upscale. Our server was very sweet and attentive. Warm, delicious rolls were brought right out. Everything seemed to be going as expected until our meals arrived. I ordered baked scrod - it was about quality you would expect from the Ninety-nine (a local, inexpensive pub restaurant chain). My side dishes, onion strings and a cranberry squash, were both cold. Our friend ordered a pound and a half of shelled lobster. What came was a tiny, unappealing plate of lobster meat and guts, nowhere near a pound and a half. After complaining to the waitress, who agreed with our friend, the manager came over. After showing him the plate, he said 'what do you want me to do? Do you want me to show you the lobster shell?' He finally agreed to bring her a new order but by that point everyone else was nearly done eating.
Overall, the food quality is mediocre and the prices are rediculously expensive. We won't be going back which is very disappointing to us since we used to love Legal Seafood years ago when they were great.

2  Thank Solster
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We had clam chowder to start, then i had crab cakes and my boyfriend had tuna(which was very large) It was all very nice.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

This branch of the Legal Seafoods group of restaurants is located adjacent to a large shopping mall and buildings with professional office suites.

It offers good quality and well prepared fresh seafood at prices which are reasonable for the quality offered.

The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, and has an upmarket ambience.

Service is professional and hospitable.

This is a very consistent restaurant- you're unlikely to have any unpleasant surprises!

I recommend it for a business lunch, or for celebrating a special occasion.

1  Thank adelaidiantraveller