“Has potential if changes are made”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rodizio Grill the Brazilian Steakhouse
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Taunton, MA
“Has potential if changes are made”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We visited this establishment on a Saturday night in February. The front of the house was completely disorganized. The host seemed to not have any idea who needed to be seated and didn't even take names of the waiting guests. The atmosphere is lively, noisy and the tables are very close. As in close I mean you feel like your dining with strangers. As far as the food goes, the meat is fantastic but the salad bar/sides were all disgusting. Everything looked old and tasted old. The rice was overcooked and hard. The labels that identified the dishes were all placed incorrectly (this is not good if you have food allergies). At some point in the evening the owner stopped by our table to see how we enjoyed our meal. I was completely honest with him. He apologized and gave us gift certificates to come back. Unfortunately it was so bad we won't return to use them. The owner seems interested in making changes so there could be hope for this place in the future.

• Visited February 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't go on a holiday”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We made the major mistake of making reservations for Valentine's Day for our first time visit to this restaurant. Luckily we knew enough to make early reservations because they got backed up fast. People were complaining because they were waiting an hour to two hours WITH reservations.
The restaurant is fairly new and very nice inside - very cozy. But it is set in a mall, so be prepared to have a huge problem finding a parking space. The bar is right at the front entrance and with tons of people milling around waiting for their tables, not an enjoyable place to linger. The salad bar is nice, but really quite small. They told us it was a Valentine's menu prix fixe, but we saw a lot people ordering from the menu. Would have saved us about $40, but oh well.
The meat was delicious, however since it was so busy, the servers were hard to come by. In fact, so was our waiter. So pretty much we had plenty of time (2 hours) to digest our meal and get filled up. The grilled pineapple was awesome (kind of sad that that's what sticks out in my mind?). The dessert (which came with the meal) was made probably a week beforehand, so not too enjoyable. I would guess that we paid over $135 for about $25 worth of food. Oh, we did get two glasses of champagne. But I guess we paid for the experience. Fair warning: DO NOT bring young children to this restaurant. To be fair, we will try this restaurant again during the day and see what happens.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away, save your money for a real rodizio.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place is nothing shy of just a salad bar with some meat.
We went there for a family gathering (9 of us). We had reservations and were promptly seated. However, everything started with the server. Im not sure if he was new or of just not effective.

It took about 10 mins for a drink order to be started. When he finally started taking the orders he noticed that some of us wanted similar drinks. He gave up half way thru the order and started asking how many of these am i bringing? Well... fair.. so we gave him the number. Not once. Not twice.. but 3 times as he bounced around the table getting other drinks. Needless to say, 10 minutes later when we finally got our drinks, we were missing 3 drinks.

I asked he if had gotten one of the missing juices down? he said yes but proceeded to be "confirm" the wrong one. It was a total disaster.

After the drinks were sorted out, we decided to go to the salad bar and get some food before starting on the meat. Well.. the salad bar... It was sub-par. With only a few selections, it was by far the worst Brazilian salad bar i have ever seen. Nothing like Brazilian Grill in Hyannis, MA or Fogo de Chao in Boston,MA. Heck there are even better salad bars in some small Brazilian restaurants in Framingham, MA.

That's fine, we selected what we wanted and we knew we werent there for the salad bar... We were there for the meat. :)
10, 15, 20 minutes passed and we had not gotten our first meat selection yet. Let me tell you that the place was not packed. It was us and probably another 5 tables. However we noticed that there was only 1 person serving and the meat on the skews were really small and not really selective like other rodizio places.
So after about 20 minutes, 2 plates of the salad bar we decided to ask what in the world was going on?!
This gentleman told us they were busy and only had 1 server. So he went towards the grill and grab the first type of meat and came over, by that time, we were full and the meat was not even that pleasant looking, which made us just tell him that we were gonna stick with the salad bar.

So we ended up getting another round of the buffet and then heading out without the meat. But i was assured that i didn't miss anything, as the meat was not appealing to our taste at all.
We're Brazilian and have visited many "rodizio" places in our life and this was by far the worst one yet.

Again, do yourself a favor and look for a restaurant in Framingham for a comparable price or if you want to spend a bit more and have an infinitely better experience, visit Fogo de Chao or Brazilian Grill.

• Visited January 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Can you ever really have too much meat....”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Let's start off by me stating that I love to eat and I love meat. I also love a good salad bar and am always willing to try new things. You find all three of these at this restaurant. I have been to Brazilian Steakhouses in San Francisco and also in Las Vegas. Both places were good but I have never encountered the kind of service that we received while in Braintree. It was top notch. There were a couple of managers there and all came over to see how we were doing. We also chatted with the owner (Bassell (?)) In fact, while back east taking care of some personal business my friends and I went on 3 different occasions (September 26, October 17, and November 30). Let's just say I used to think of this kind of restaurant as somewhere you go on special occasions-----maybe once or twice a year. Well as far as I am concerned I now consider waking up in the morning a special occasion. The price may be a little more than what you would ordinarily pay for lunch (about $23.00 for the meat but that is where the salad bar comes in (about $12.00). You do not have to get the meat portion of the program and the salad bar can fill you up and bring your taste buds out in the open. With the meat you get the salad bar.

All of the meat was good, some certainly better than others. I loved the garlic sirloin. The thing I was most impressed by was the often repeated statement "we want you to be happy". A couple of times some of the meat brought out was a little dry. Instead of getting huffy we were told why that might be and that they would immediately bring us out a new portion of that particular meat item. Also, they would do their best to cook the meat the way YOU like it. Some of us felt the meat was a little too well done for our tastes. Low and behold a few minutes later we would get meat more to our liking. It may have been mooing but that is the way we like it.

To begin with every table gets tapa-like plates of banana fritters, mini cheese muffins and polenta sticks. You had me at little cheese muffin..... At any time you go up and circle the salad bar. Some of my personal favorites are the ceviche, hot greens, capresse, cippollini onions and Ceasar salad. There is something(s) for everyone.

You retreat to your table and can turn over the "bring me meat now" timer and begin your foray into the world of Brazilian meat cooking. All of a sudden you will have these very pleasant men at your side with these long spirals of steak, pork, chicken, etc. They will slice you what you want and be on their way so the next guy can come and show you his wares. When you order the full meal you also get these yummy roasted tomatoes and grilled pineapple that almost makes you want to slap your momma. You can eat like a lady or until they need to call U-haul to pull you away from the table.

Dessert is extra but you don't need it. Again, that pineapple will fulfill any sweet tooth you might have.

• Visited November 2013
Easton, Massachusetts
“Budget Brazilian Steakhouse”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Groupon was offering family of for dining at Rodzio for $83, which also included drink or cocktail for everyone. This seemed like a good deal and it was. Everything falls far short of the upper end Brazilian steakhouses like Fogo de Chao. That includes quality and quantity at the downscale salad bar and quality of meats. However, the sweet and spicy chicken was very good and was the filet. In truth, Rodizio falls short of Brazilian Grill in Hyannis as well, but the value is there if you can find the Groupon or other special. Just don't go there and write off this type of food. Try Fogo once as that place really nails this type of place.

Visited November 2013