“Delicious but lots of calories”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #49 of 140 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the basil tomato spaghettini with goat cheese and grilled chicken. Very delicious, good service. My one concern is the portion sizing. The meal was over 1300 calories!!! That's a full day of food. Of course, no way I could finish that in one sitting. We all make a choice what to eat and how much of it, but chain restaurants should take more responsibility in portion control and not contributing to our national problem with weight.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Went on a wednesday for lunch and had a great time. Good for families with children. Plenty of options to choose from. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We will return again - 4sure!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

What we liked about California Pizza was the area it is in the South shore Mall they we clean and very polite to all the costumers and as soon as a costumers left the table there was someone there cleaning it for the next guest .

Reviewed January 29, 2013

before you read this review i need to put this disclaimer. there are better restaurants i have given lower ratings. Just as its not fair to judge a diner using the same criteria as a fine dining restaurant i rated this restaurant for what it is, a chain. That being said its a dam good chain. the menu is small and this works to there advantage. The spicy chipolte chicken pizza was a real treat. If my neighborhood pizza on delivery places sold this pizza id gain 20ilbs for sure. The real great thing about this place is the value that you get. My order consisted of a appetizer, 2 entrees and a bottle of wine and the bill came to just under $50. For that kind of value, you just cant go wrong. Next time i stop by the braintree mall i will probably give them my business again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went for dinner Monday November 12, 2012 with my husband, a former career Marine; the restaurant offered a free pizza for every Veteran in honor of Veteran’s Day.

We had never had their pizza before so we thought it would be an excellent time to try it.
Glad we did! The Sicilian pizza was awesome and I had the new shrimp dish, which too was very good. I had wine which was smooth and aromatic, my husband as always had his Guinness.

We had been at the CPK a couple of times before and had been very pleased with the food and the atmosphere of the place; so we decided to make the trip from home although it was a bit distant from our town.

When we got there it was a bit early so no wait to be seated, and were taken to the left side of the dining room … that is why we were blessed with our server Liz.

Our server Liz was truly super; and we could not have asked for better service. She was prompt, friendly but professional, very personable and kind.

My husband was presented with an additional free pizza coupon for his next visit along with profusely extended “Thank you for your service” from a nice Lady representing the restaurant.
We both felt appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you California Pizza Kitchen!!! We will be back soon.