“Awesome Mexican food and drinks”
Review of El Sarape

El Sarape
Ranked #27 of 137 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Milton, Massachusetts
“Awesome Mexican food and drinks”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you are looking for the best Mexican food on the So Shore El Sarape's is the place to go. This is my and my wife's favorite Mexican restuarant to go to. We share the experience with friends and family as often as possible. Great food, great atmosphere, priceless....

• Visited November 2012

Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Best Mexican Food On This Side Of The Border!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I cannot say enough about this fine restaurant. It is not only our favorite Mexican restaurant, but our favorite over-all restaurant. We try to eat there on a weekly basis, as it is so good. Authentic Mexican food including many fish dishes and many specialty items on the menu. Starting with the salsa and chips with a margarita you can't beat this place. Service is outstanding for lunch as well as dinner.

Visited October 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland
“We chose El Sarape because it was "authentic Mexican," but found it to be average at best!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We chose El Sarape on our one night in Braintree, MA, because it was "authentic Mexican." The service was very, very good and the atmosphere was quite festive. The restaurant was celebrating it's 24th year with birthday and anniversary balloons everywhere. In addition, the wait staff wore specially made t-shirts and posters were hanging on the walls advertising the event.
I ordered the sirloin beef fajitas which I found to be disappointing. The beef was a bit over-cooked and grizzly and there were far more peppers and onions than beef. In addition, I was given 3 very small flour tortillas and I had to order sour cream, guacamole and pica de gallo separately. My husband, on the other hand, enjoyed his meal of Carne Asada immensely. He ordered Mexican chorizo rather than the American version as part of his meal. I found his meal, specifically the chorizo, to be very disappointing as well. The chorizo was extremely fatty, grizzly and greasy. The rice and beans which accompanied both meals looked so unappetizing that I didn't even try them. On a brighter note, we ordered the coffee-flavored flan for desert, which was very tasty. It was the first time either of us had ever seen the coffee-flavored version on a menu anywhere.

• Visited October 2012
South Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Great South Shore Gem”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Go here for my mole fix ... Carnitas are my favorite starter. Cadillac margarita is my go to drink. Only issue: Chairs are uncomfortable. I can deal with the pain with a little tequila. Ha

Boston, Massachusetts
“The most authentic restaurant around”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It's been a while since I've bee to El Sarape. It's in Weymouth Landing and I need to be in the area. I consider myself as someone who knows something about Mexican food and this place really serves authentic Mexican. I've been to central Mexico about 8 times. I've lived with the Mexican people, eaten in their homes, and gone to the restaurants there thay they recommend. This is as close to being in Mexico as I've found in the greater Boston area. Don't miss it. It's worth the trip to Weymouth Landing.

• Visited August 2011