“Hampton Inn - Braintree”

Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Newbridge, Ireland
“Hampton Inn - Braintree”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just spent 4 lovely nights in the Hampton Inn Braintree Boston. Its about 20-30 mins from Boston City, but with the advantage of a free shuttle bus to the train station, a great deal less in price from the city hotels, its well worth the stay. The staff are extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help you. A free continental breakfast is available every morning. There is a lovely indoor pool and jacuzzi to recharge your batteries in after a day travelling about. They also have a small gym. Free wifi is available and there is a laundry room also.There is a TGI Fridays nearby, and a large Mall, which also has a couple of restaurants, ie Cheesecake factory & Joe's Bar and Grille. This is my second time to stay at this Hampton Inn and it certainly won't be my last.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were greeted the Saturday of Columbus Day Weekend by a very rude Front Desk Clerk. She immediately struck me as someone who loathed her job, and really didn't care about our comfort. We had booked a King Non-Smoking Room and paid extra for it. However, when we just barely arrived at our room, carrying our luggage and a sleeping infant, we swung the door open and were immediately overwhelmed with the stench of cigarette smoke. Back to the front desk....She moved us to a Non-Smoking room with two Queen Beds, and swung her screen around to try to prove to us that we did not book a King nor a Non-Smoking Room. Not having our confirmation, was a negative on our part, but the woman was plain rude. Seeing red, I tried to reason with her, finally asking her name and requesting a Manager. SHE WAS THE MANAGER. On top of this, the rooms are old, and not as well kept as other Hamptons, which tend to be quite reliable.

My Cousins stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn Express, and said their room was immaculate, comfortable, and the staff was incredibly cordial. If their hotel was not booked full, we would have moved. I would not bring my family back here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sara F
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston Braintree, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Your experience with our front desk agent and the hassle associated with the incorrect room assignment were understandably frustrating and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Please know that your comments have been shared with our team as a reminder of how important our interactions with guests are to their enjoyment of their stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Gary Hibyan
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here on business and I typically stay at Hampton-branded hotels. The rooms are all updated with fast Internet and flat panel TVs - overall the hotel is very clean. I appreciate the fresh duvet for each guest. The gym is subpar relative to other Hampton properties, but the hotel has an agreement with a full-service gym across the street. Honestly, I prefer that arrangement to a small afterthought hotel gym.

Next time through Braintree I will stay here. It's not flashy, but it gets the job done.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay! I would stay here in a heartbeat if I come back to Boston area. It was only about 20 minutes from Boston and was a very quiet and clean hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was not great but it was free!

• Stayed October 2012
Palm Harbor, FL
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a solid, no frills Hilton property at the best nightly rates in the Boston region. The rooms are clean, the bfast typical as all Hampton Inns provide, and good dining close by on the other side of the Freeway.
The only major, major drawback is the traffic from 5:30-8:30am and 4:30-7:00pm is awful, awful, awful. If you are a business traveler and are flying in the morning, you're gonna need to wake super early to get through this traffic; trust me as I've stayed here many times.
However, this drawback is outweighed by the other items recommendable.

• Stayed October 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a week of vacation in the Boston area and LOVED the hotel. Clean, fresh, easy to get to (right off I-93, close to I-95), and great staff. Close enough to Boston (maybe 10 miles), but far enough away to feel like you're in the country. Upscale mall across the Interstate with Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, etc. Legal Sea Foods in the mall was AMAZING. One caution - don't try for the Hampton's complimentary breakfast after about 8:30 because on a couple of occasions there were no tables available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hopatcong
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for business in May 2012 . The hotel room I was in was clean and maintained . I did have a room on the factory side which I was concerned about but with the A/C on you really do not hear much . ( I am a very light sleeper) The breakfast was very good with a wide variety to choose from . I did not visit the pool nor the gym but both looked clean and maintained. The only issue I had was this hotel has no room service or a microwave . When you travel alone it is a major pain having to seek out a take out restaurant for a week then unable to reheat anything .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 7 in Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!