“Nice And Clean”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Hopatcong
“Nice And Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for business in May 2012 . The hotel room I was in was clean and maintained . I did have a room on the factory side which I was concerned about but with the A/C on you really do not hear much . ( I am a very light sleeper) The breakfast was very good with a wide variety to choose from . I did not visit the pool nor the gym but both looked clean and maintained. The only issue I had was this hotel has no room service or a microwave . When you travel alone it is a major pain having to seek out a take out restaurant for a week then unable to reheat anything .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed one night in Hampton Inn, Brain tree. The room was good. The decor was average. Breakfast was included. A bit crowded at the breakfast place with no room to sit down. The front desk was helpful. Took the Logan express to Braintree . Had to wait for 45 mts. for the hotel to pick us up though the bus depot was less than 0.5 mile away. That is definitely a negative. You could see the hotel from the bus depot . We couldn't walk as it was hilly & with the luggage it would have been difficult.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant in the motel itself . However you can find plenty of places in the neighborh...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rama1004
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn in Braintree because of its proximity to the end of the Red Line Boston Subway. Cost and comfort were factors in choosing this establishment and location figured prominently as well. It was easily accessed off the highway, the GPS found it rather well. This Hampton Inn looked to us the oldest of the chain we have stayed in. It seems more hotel-like than any other Hampton Inn. The rooms are smaller and more like to the like of budget hotels and the pool was smaller and older and the hot tub was not as nice as others we have stayed in, having said that it was still nicer than the low-end hotels that can be had. The morning breakfast was more than adequate, far exceeding our needs and the staff was more than pleasant and attentive to our needs. The plus that this hotel had was a free shuttle service to the closest subway stop, which in this case was the Quincy Adams stop, one stop north of the Braintree, end of the line. Our two night stay was enjoyable, having used it as a place to stay at night away from touring in the city of Boston which we did during the days.

A slight detractor for this hotel is that whereas the gym is open until midnight the pool area is only open until 10pm, which limits swim time if you come in late. Also the rooms were smaller than other Hampton Inn locations we have stayed in. A plus is there is no charge for parking which there is in the city or a lot closer to it and the subway fare is only $2 one way.

This stay was okay. Not the best Hampton Inn experience but was clean and filled our needs. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LondonWesty
Mendota Heights, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our family of 6 shared a 2 queen room. The breakfast is the best in free hotel food. Would recommend they buy a second waffle iron, as the wait was long. The free shuttle to the metro was really great. The pool is nice, the spa is lacking in jet power. Room was very clean. We were assigned a room with a handicap shower. It left the whole bathroom floor wet with each shower. I would recommend verifying that you don't get this same type of room unless you need it. Nice exercise room. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary P
Sharon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our time here. It was close to the T-line and the shuttle was nice as well. Breakfast was good, waffles, bagels, eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc. There was also coffee available all day. The staff was very accomdating to our needs and we enjoyed spending time in the hot tub and pool. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. My husband used the office to print some items out and we also were able to park our rental car there for free, which was very nice. It is in a great location, close to a major mall and anything else you would like to explore around the area. There are lots of places to eat within a couple miles and we would reccomend this hotel to anyone looking to have a safe, comfortable experience when visiting the greater Boston area.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be adequate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linmarieg3
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently stay at this Hampton with my family. It is close to the highway, the South Shore Plaza, and Boston. The Hampton Inn is CLEAN, QUITE, Great beds and free breakfast. A great value if you stay on the weekend. We planned to stay in the area from Sunday to Tuesday. We changed hotels on Monday because the price doubled for a Monday night. We did ask but were told that’s the price. I am originally from the area and would definitely stay here again.Two thumbs up for a nice place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had never visited the Boston area before so wanted a place close to the Transit system where I could easily see the city and feel safe. The Hampton Inn in Boston is that place. They have a free shuttle service to the Red Line T Staion (we used Quincy Adams station). We arrived on a Friday night and didn’t realize the shuttle service didn’t start on weekends until 8:00 so were ready to go back to our room for ½ hours when the front desk quickly said, “We’ll call you a taxi and pay for it.” The hot breakfast was a great way to start the day – and it changed daily and included a waffle iron and fresh fruit. I can’t wait to return to the Hampton Inn in Braintree!

Room Tip: Once i had confirmed my airfare so I knew my days wouldn't changed I booked the pay now non canc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alohajmr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Howard Johnson Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
#3 of 3 in Quincy

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!