“Brilliant stay at the Hampton inn”

Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton inn while on hols in Boston! I found the price of the hotel quite reasonable and the location was brilliant while visiting family! It was also in close proximity to the shopping centre (which was brilliant) and offered a free shuttle bus! The pool was great and the whirlpool was lovely! The gym was ok but I had no interest in using the gym anyway while on hols anyway! The rooms were always clean and fresh towels everyday! Staff were extremely helpful! I would recommend staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Irishjacki

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have said it before and I will say it again. Hampton Inns are the one chain that I always know I can count on. Their formula is well tuned and when I see a Hampton Inn I always book it as I know what to expect.
This property is one of the smaller properties. It's near the big mall in Braintree and just off the highway to the Cape. It's a basic Hampton Inn with a nice lobby, a large pool and good breakfast each morning.
The rooms are average size for the property. I did notice that this hotel is a little bit old in it's color tones, a lot of brown and beige. Some of the newer hotels spice it up a bit with a splash of color.
However my room was in good shape, everything worked fine and I had a nice sized bathroom. There was nothing WOW about this hotel, but I did not have one complaint. I got a good night's sleep. The breakfast is good (I like the Hampton Inn's oatmeal). The staff was friendly and helpful.
When I say this is an average Hampton Inn that is NOT an insult. They offer a great product and this one fits the formula in every way. Average for Hampton is a good thing!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Braintree Hampton Inn instead of staying in downtown Boston.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Had a nice breakfast in the morning, some items were different day to day. Waffles, omlets,ham one day, sausage the next, and bacon after that. Three kinds of juices, three kinds of coffee. This is much nicer than what you have a right to expect.

We took the Hampton Shutle to the train station and took the train to downtown Boston several days. Our first day we were ready about a half an hour before the suttle started, so they called a taxi for us to take us to the train station and THEY paid for it!!! Wow!

This was the right place for us to stay.

Room Tip: I never heard any noise from the business next to it, but one reviewer did. Ask for the other side...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel this past week. Everything was clean and nice. The front desk staff was so warm and friendly when we checked in. Our beds were very comfortable, and best of all, it was pretty quiet here despite being very full during our stay.

The breakfast was really good, and they changed the hot food item selection daily. One day it was french toast sticks, ham and cheese omelets, the next day was turkey sausage, western omelets and potatoes. We liked the layout of the breakfast area as it allowed for good "flow" without congestion, and there was plenty of seating.

Another awesome perk at this property was the free shuttle to the train station. We never had to wait more than a few minutes and the drivers were great. It was terrific to not have to pay $7 to park when we wanted to go into Boston. It's an easy one-train commute into the city and the fare is only $2 each way!

In addition to being able to easily visit the city, the area around the hotel was really nice. Just down the road was a very nice mall with a Legal Seafood restaurant (a MUST try if you have never been!) There was also a Cheesecake Factory. The mall had some good stores, even for the kids, like a Lego store and upstairs a "Marbles" store which has a great selection of "brainy" games. Be sure to stop in there to check out the table set up with different games you can sit and play to see if you like them before you buy them!

The only thing we could complain about was that the indoor pool and spa were cold.

We had a great stay here and did not want to leave! Will definitely stay here again if the opportunity presents itself!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, pretty far down the hall from the elevator, so it was nice and qu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is a good representation of a traditional Hampton Inn, the staff is nice and the rooms are clean. They have a very good shuttle program that can take you to most of the local attractions.

One interesting touch was a note placed on the headboard when I checked in identifying that the covers had been washed. It was a nice touch that personally sets the bar a little higher for other hotels, but I couldn’t help wonder what the general policy the other Hilton franchises have for changing covers between guests that made the note was necessary in the first place.

Regarding a couple of things outside of the hotel’s control, I was in a room that faced some sort of machining company adjacent to the hotel. It was not a loud noise, but rather a hum with an occasional hydraulic venting sound. It seems to run from 6 am to about 6 pm. If i could switch the fan on the AC to "on" instead of the unit cycling on and off, i would have not heard it. Also, the hotel only has one restaurant within walking distance – which is not a bad place with a traditional pub style menu.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the building, away from the machine shop.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice hotel, rooms are comfortable and free breakfast was good. Location made it easy to get into Boston and was half the price of a downtown room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I recently booked 3 nights at this Hampton Inn to be close to Boston and Newport, RI. Since we didn't intend to spend much time at the hotel, we wanted some place cheaper than downtown Boston, but easy to commute back and forth from. It was clean, comfortable, and convenient. The staff was friendly and the desk people were able to answer any questions we had about where to go and how to get there. The hotel offered free shuttle to the T, which was a mile away. We called the hotel when we were 3 stops away and they were very prompt to come get us. We never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes for drop off or pick-up. The free breakfast was always warm and appealing, and offered a variety of choices. It was better than most free breakfasts we have had at other hotels. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There are several restaurants and a mall within one mile. It was a great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Residence Inn Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree
Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!