“A Happy Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect of this place - the menu seems to have an identity crisis. Italian food, French name, Greek salads, Teryaki chicken, Buffalo wings and it is very chain-y - - but our party of about 20 were all happy with their meals, which ranged from pizza to toasted ravioli (divine, btw), chicken & eggplant parm, to seafood and chicken broccoli penne. Sangria was very nice, server was extremely pleasant , efficient and accommodating and I would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a long-time Waltham Chateau patron, I was a little skeptical about trying the one in Braintree. But it seems they are trying very hard to keep up the standards set at the original location. The bread (so soft and yummy) was the same. The portions might be a little smaller, but the food quality seemed good. I had a variety plate with veal parm, meatball and sausage with penne. More than enough for leftovers. I started with a wedge salad (on specials menu) and had to ask for additional dressing as there was almost none on the lettuce, but the waitress brought it promptly and with a smile. My husband had the veal parm and said the sauce was excellent but the veal a little tough. Good flavor, though. Overall, I would return to this Chateau without hesitation.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The staff was rude and hurried. One waitress seated us and another made us move two times..Waitress criticized how we ordered our drinks and did not bring our change until we asked for it. The food is just average

2  Thank annmarie s S
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Good family restaurant with Italian theme. The menu has Italian and seafood items and is priced reasonable. Service can be excellent at times but general just ok.

1  Thank dei3333
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband is Italian and judges restaurants to his grandmother's homemade cooking so our reviews of Italian restaurants tend to be harsher than other types.

This restaurant has a large menu with a variety to choose from. His veal was excellent; just the way he likes them. My nephew has the toasted ravioli which he loves; I had chicken cacciatore which was loaded with chicken and veggies. The sauce, overall, is not bad; not as flavorful as homemade, but not cheap and store bought tasting.

We had take out so I can't review the atmosphere. We will get take out here again when visiting.

1  Thank Schip