“First time here but not my last”

Tower Hill Botanic Garden
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Boylston
More attraction details
Owner description: Tower Hill Botanic Garden is New England's year-round botanic garden, a living museum of plants exquisite in every season. Several distinctive gardens arrange plants according to an overall Master Plan, that includes a Lawn Garden, Secret Garden, Systematic Garden, Cottage & Vegetable Garden, Wildlife Refuge Pond, Winter Garden, and more. Two conservatories--the Orangerie and the Limonaia--display non-hardy plants in winter, with blooming flowers in every season. Springtime brings more than a quarter million flowering bulbs, including a signature field of more than 25,000 daffodils.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I loved it the moment I walked through the doors. The beautifully decorated Christmas trees surrounding us and I could see the outdoor water feature with two turtles spurting water. The small gift shop had lots of goodies to look at and we did buy. I felt that a couple of the sales staff were a little pretentious but we still had a great time. We then headed to the restaurant for lunch, I really enjoyed the leek soup and the lobster ravioli salad. After lunch we went to the botanic garden my nose was very happy with this aroma therapy. I could have sat in there for a while and take lots of picture to paint. The woman at the front counter Joyce was very helpful and knew her stuff, very pleasant woman. Bring your camera!

1  Thank Pamela-Pepper

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Home to the Worcester County Horticultural Society, Tower Hill is a magnificent garden in Boylston, MA. I have enjoyed visiting this place since it opened in the late 1990's, and witnessed its development over the years. It is a place for all ages to enjoy! Handicapped accessibility makes it enjoyable for all. There are formal gardens, sweeping expanses of lawn, woodland hiking trails, wildlife pond, learning gardens, and walking trails that afford magnificent views of the Wachusett Reservoir and Mt. Wachusett.

A restaurant offers a limited, although delicious, lunch menu with outdoor dining in Summer. Picnicking is allowed, and there are benches (as well as a few tables) where a picnic lunch can be enjoyed in the garden and woodland areas.

There is a Gift Shop on the premises, and indoor gardens housed within beautiful greenhouses.
Businesses and individuals can rent the property for functions/weddings.

It is very family friendly, and many horticultural programs are offered for children as well as adults.
Highly recommended. Check its website before going to see if any special programs are going on when you plan to visit.

1  Thank Maureen K
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A wonderful lunch spot for friends and business. Good food, good service and prices. Depending on weather, it's also a fine location to explore their many woods and fields trails, and explore the gift shop.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Another review says the gardens are for an older crowd, I strongly disagree! I am 25 and I have enjoyed coming here since I was a kid! Bring a picnic, enjoy some nature!

Tower Hill is one of the most wonderful and under-appreciated local treasures! It's not far from Boston and is filled with wonderful, knowledgeable staff who are very willing to discuss the various plants inside and out! There are great walking trails, wild gardens and formal gardens, orchards and greenhouses. This is a wonderful place to come walk, have a picnic, or see one of their amazing shows! I recently enjoyed the Ikebana show of Japanese flower arranging. What a cool event!

1  Thank Emilie G
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Tower Hill Botanic Garden is only 45 minutes from Boston. We made our first trip there on 9/24/13 and plan to return to see the Fall foliage in full color. Once you arrive you are immediately transported into a bucolic world.
You will not be disappointed if you plan a day trip with a picnic lunch or eat at "Twigs Café".

1  Thank Marie S