“Great Clean Hotel”

The Boxboro Regency
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxborough
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay . Very friendly staff and extremely clean hotel. Did not use the pool but a great hangout area for the kids or just looking to relax. We did not eat the restaurant, but checked it out. The breakfast buffet was huge and the food looked good. I would highly recommend this hotel...awesome value!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your comments on how clean the hotel is. I will pass it on to our housekeeping department , who take great pride in hearing comments like yours. Our pool is fun for school vacations and next time you are visiting check out our breakfast buffet, you won't be disapointed.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

First, Id like to comment that the place is stunning! Just outside of the pool area is a beautiful fountain and gazebo that are quite lovely. Our room was standard. Nothing too fancy, but nice. I did not enjoy my dinner there, but breakfast was fine.

My complaints are that the pool was dirty, there was a shortage of chairs, and they were always out of towels. I traveled with myself and four kids ages 8 and under. I called the front desk to make sure they had towels down at the pool and she said yes. When we arrived, no towels. Of course the kids had already jumped into the pool so we were stuck and I couldn't run to the room and leave them unattended. I called the front desk and about 10 minutes later a staff member came down with 5 towels that were quickly snatched up by someone else. This happened to us twice. The poor kids were freezing.

I stayed during February vacation, so Im certain this was why. There were plenty of kids there and some adults had hoarded every chair in the area for themselves...even using on to just put their stuff on. I had to sit on the wet ground and strategically drape our belongings on the fence to avoid getting soaked. Due to the crowd, there were clumps of hair and Band-Aids floating in the pool. Two of the kids got sick shortly after using the pool. Not sure if it was related.

Room Tip: I bet if you travel during a quieter time it is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments. The Hotel and the pool and courtyard area in particular is a great setting, you feel like you are in the tropics on vacation. I am sorry we were not able to get towels to you in a more timely fashion, I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper to make sure this situation does not happen to other guests. We test and check the pool at least four times a day for chemical levels and cleanliness. I have also spoken to my Engineer so that on extremely busy days we increase this. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, not only will it be beneficual to yourself when you hopefully return , but our other guests as well!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed one night for a funeral, had a nice size room, good bedding and pillows, and friendly service. And if you have time the indoor in the middle of winter seems fun. If I had to critique something, they should remove or replace a lot of the carpeting, especially in the staircases and a fresh coat of paint in the hallways and on the service doors would be nice.

Room Tip: Large part of the hotel is only accessible by stairs, so ask ahead if you need a room that you can g...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I am so sorry for the reason you stayed here. Our pool on winter and school vacations gets a lot of use. Many families enjoy and book their vacations during that time here. We hope to see you under different circumstances next time you stay. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nothing special about this Holiday Inn, clean and quiet, with good breakfast (for a fee).

I probably look for better accommodations (better value), if I am not needed in the specific area, especially in the winter. Close to where you need to be worth the weight in gold.

Maybe summer time will bring different experiences.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Our hotel is very centrally located and convienant to many companies, TUV, Cisco and NTS. I see that you had a clean room and the accommodation were quiet. We hope to see you once again!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I actually grew up only a few miles away from this hotel (which used to be a dingy, damp Sheraton we used to run around in at birthday parties), so it was ironic that on a car trip from NH to New York last weekend with my boyfriend and cat, my car broke down right at this exit on Rt. 495. We managed to roll into the parking lot of the familiar hotel from my childhood and the lady at the front desk was extremely sympathetic and helpful in getting me the most discounted rate possible, even though she knew we were so desperate we would have had to pay whatever they asked. It was almost midnight and we were exhausted and stressed out--imagine the relief of finding ourselves in a beautiful, clean, spacious and warm room with a heavenly comfortable king sized bed. We and our cat slept so well that night--a quiet, peaceful, unplanned emergency vacation! We asked for and got a room looking right out on our disabled car, and in the morning, the hotel staff helped us jump start the car with their shuttle van, which took quite a long time. They refused a tip, only wanted to help us out.
While breakfast is not included here (there is a Dunkin Donuts across the road though), there was very good coffee in the lobby in the morning. The free wifi worked great and we were able to arrange a tow truck, mechanic, etc from the comforting home base of the Holiday Inn.
The nostalgia of being back in my home neck of the woods, the caring attitude of the staff, and the immaculate, luxurious feel of the accommodations, made this mishap into a very good memory. I wished we could stay longer and really enjoy the place and all its amenities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

With our location being so easy to get to off of Rt. 495 exit 28 , we get many travelors that pull off the highway to get needed rest , or from a snow storm. I am sorry about the situation that brought you here but, Welcome Home! Our staff is great in making sure that we can do what ever it takes, so that you enjoy your stay , but also help out to get you back on the road. We hope to see you back under differant circumstances.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Played Family Feud at dinner, what a ball! Loved Cassandra! The hotel room was very roomy also. I think this is the only reasonably priced hotel in the Boston area! This is my 2nd time here. Front desk was also very friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at The Boxboro Regency, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

You were at our trivia night that we have every Tuesday night. It is nice to see you enjoyed your time here! Always at Your Service!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Staying here was more for convenience and in hopes of getting more sleep than we would if we drove an hour and a half back and forth between home and the weekend program we were attending. The beds were really comfy, so we were hopeful. However. the walls are super thin and we were kept up until after midnight by the conversation next door. Then at 4 am the alarm started going off in the neighboring room! It went on and on. It was clear that no one could sleep through this, so we called the desk. It was 10 minutes before anyone came and banged on the door - we heard that quite well also. No answer, of course, then 5 minutes later the phone starting ringing next door for several minutes - still no answer. Then about 10 minutes later we heard more banging and calling, then the neighboring door being opened and finally the alarm was silenced. Needless to say we got much less sleep than if we had gone home. The staff did not offer to do anything to help us, though they were very cordial - not sure that they had any authority to discount our room.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I am sorry to read that you had a restless night. I have adressed your comments with the Front desk and security, so that this situation will not happen again.Our beds are very comfortable and I hope you give us another chance when you are travelling in this area.
Always at Your Service!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxborough
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Best Western at Historic Concord
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster

Been to The Boxboro Regency? Share your experiences!