“A wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner!”

Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxborough
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This past Thanksgiving, I took my family and some friends to the Holiday Inn in Boxborough for the holiday brunch that they offered. I had heard they had a new Executive Chef and we tried it out. They have a wonderful wide open atrium that is beautifully decorated and is open, yet not too noisy. They had some live background music playing that was very enjoyable. The food choices were endless and I tried just about everything in the salad/appetizer area and the main dinner entrees area as well. Everything was delicious. I especially liked the pastrami-smoked salmon, pumpkin ravioli, chicken piccata, and haddock with mustard crumbs. The only minor complaint I had was that the Caesar salad had too much dressing on it. I ate so much at the dinner portion that I could only have a slice of pumpkin pie and a whoopie pie for dessert, and there were so many more enticing items. The open area and waterfalls are great if you bring kids and they get antsy while you are still trying to eat dinner. The staff there is always attentive and at the ready, but never intrusive. All in all, it was the next best thing to having it at home, without the preparation and cleanup naturally. Actually, with all the food choices, it was better in some ways. The prices were quite reasonable with discounts for kids and seniors. We had been there for Thanksgiving before, maybe 5-7 years ago, but this was definitely a significant improvement and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TheRunningMan83
Jules_LaVoie_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your recent dining experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. I am pleased you were delighted with our award winning Chef's culinary delights at the Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet held in our lush garden courtyard. I am pleased to share with you we had 100% patron satisfaction from this signatory event and I have received many thank you letters from locals who expressed similar sentiments. I am proud to have such a dedicate and talented staff who share my passion of service excellence.

The Holiday Inn Boxborough remains the preferred full service hotel in the greater area. Many residents of Westford (like yourself) have made the Holiday Inn their preferred choice. I am grateful local residents have high affection for the property and look to us for hosting celebratory occassions and family gatherings.

The staff and I look forward to being your host in the near future.

Jules N. LaVoie, CHA

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If 3 stars is average... some places have to be below average. This Holiday Inn is a little below average through no fault of its own.

First the good stuff, pleasant staff, clean, convenient to the highway....

The hotel itself is one of those central indoor swimming pool styles so popular with Sheratons in the 70's. Great for a humid chlorene smelling central area. The weather was gloomy during my stay so this continued to be a dark place and set an over all impression of a dark place.

It was very quiet, except for the modestly noisy in room heater. Actually fairly empty.

Thin styrofoam glasses... nothing really exceptional, while I'd stay here again, I'd keep looking for something better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dennis u

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfactory stay (besides the gloomy weather) at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. Unfortunately, the gem of the hotel appeared dark and uninviting during your stay due to the gray, stormy skies. Our lush garden courtyard is our most revered space in the hotel and is our premier meeting space hosting over 50 wedding receptions annually. Your comments pertaining to staff courteousness and professionalism are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the staff.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenver business travel brings you back to the area.

Yours In Hospitality & pride,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The food is not that good, the rooms are clean. Have an indoor pool, so it's nice for winter. Great to go for bussiness at Cisco, Seachange, RedHat, etc. The staff, without exception, were friendly and helpful. Have a nice and quite area arround

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jules_LaVoie_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent stay experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. I am pleased we made your stay enjoyable and you would recommend other business travelers stay at our Inn. Your comments regarding our convenient proximity to many area businesses, staff courteousness and cleanliness are greatly appreciated.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever travel brings you back to the area.

Yours In Hospitality & Friendship,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is located in a very attractive spot with nice grounds to wander in. The autumn colours of the many trees were gorgeous - shown to advantage by the sunshine - an excellent opportunity for good photographs. The whole layout of the building is attractive. The staff, without exception, were friendly and helpful. The food for breakfast or evening meal was very good. Brief use of the free internet connection was much appreciated. A wedding party were enjoying the facilities the night we arrived.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. Very impressive view attractively illum...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter L

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent vacation "holiday" experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. I am pleased we were hosting a series of tours from England. The staff and I enjoyed the exprerience greatly. The conversations we had with many individuals from your group were pleasant and informative. The cultural exchange was rich and memorable. Your comments regarding our hospitality, hotel lay out and food quality are greatly apreciated and have been shared with the staff. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and would highly recommend us to future travelers.

The staff and I look forward to being host again for more British tours next year.

Yours In Hospitality & Friendship,

Jules N. laVoie, CHA

Reviewed November 20, 2012

While attending a conference this past week, the Holiday Inn Boxborough MA rolled out the red carpet. Everything was well organized, the hotel was immaculate and the staff went out of their way to ensure everything was"just right" The meals were very good and there were several options to choose from. Looking forward to next years conference. Jim H

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jim h
Jules_LaVoie_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your recently held conference at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. Your comments pertaining to staff courteousness, facility cleanliness and commendable food quality are greatly appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us highly to future guests. I am fortunate to be leading a team highly dedicated to service excellence. The Holiday Inn has become the premier conference in the area. We have earned this destinction by dedicating ourselves to hospitality principles that deliver an unmatched experience.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenver convention needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our service organization held an event here recently. From start to finish the staff were professional, friendly and helpful. Our event used 5 room, and each was set exactly to our specifications. The food was fabulous, and atmosphere was more than pleasant and comfortable. Better than a great value, it's a great experience. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DGMike
Jules_LaVoie_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your recently held Rotary International event at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. Service organizations, such as Rotary, have become very loyal to the Holiday Inn due to the consistent service, food quality & value. I am proud to be a Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary distinction) and be your host for the great work Rotarians due for their local communities and international projects.

I am pleased we continue to meet the needs of Rotary. I look forward to being your venue of choice for many future events.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a perfect venue to accommodate our guests around our wedding celebration in nearby Stow! The hotel atmosphere was like a vacation in itself with its huge tropical atrium, and adjoining Bar & Grille for post party celebrations. The wait staff facilitated our post-wedding Sunday Breakfast brunch by seating us in our own section of the restaurant. The food
was delicious and an expert chef prepared our made-to-order omelet in front of us. We would definitely schedule more events at this facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with the recent block of rooms you had at the award winning Holiday Inn Boxborough. Our hotel is the most popular hotel in the area and hosts over 950 events annually. Our award wining Chef consistently provides a culinary experience unmatched in the area. I am pleased to learn your guests loved the hotel and would return and recommend us highly.

The staff and I look forward to being your host again in the near future.

Jules N. LaVoie, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Best Western at Historic Concord
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)? Share your experiences!