“It's like a bad joke...we kept waiting for the punchline”
Review of Minute Man Grille

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Minute Man Grille
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Boxborough
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 11, 2011

A group of us decided to come here for dinner. In the entire restaurant there was our group...2 people at the bar...and 3 other couples. Not exactly busy.

We were all shown to the area...and...that's it. Eventually people started heading to the bar since we obviously were not going to get any table service. Drinks were way over priced and measured shots. Beers were way over priced too. Much more than any restaurant I had been to.

Went back to the tables and eventually somone came to take orders.

After everyone placed their orders, we hung around for quite some time.(large party, I get it, takes time). Appetizers were coming out whenever they felt like bringing them. Some tables were eating main dishes before some apps even showed up.

We had asked (2 times at this point) for water. Every table of ours (we took up 5) had water and glasses but ours. We thought they would bring it the first time when we had to ask for silverware. Menus for everyone was too much to ask for as well. We made do, we shared one to our table.

I will not rate the other table's food..just ours.
App: We ordered nachos. It didn't matter how much salsa you dumped on them, there still was no flavor. Mediocre at best.

Clam chowder: Didn't come out when everyone else got their soup, it came out with the meal. Made for difficulties fitting everything on the table...esp since the waiter refused to take the nachos and app plates even when I tried to hand them to him. It came out warm, but not hot, and the potatos were well underdone.

Onion soup: Came out with the meal as well. Very hot when served, plenty of cheese and onions. Broth was rich and tasty, if not too heavy on the dill.

Blackened swordfish: I have always been told that when you "blacken" fish it's seasoned and seared so the outside is dark and crispy. Apparently here, it means sit it in the pan until it dries out and burns. Inedible.

Mashed potato: Very dry and flavorless

Buffalo chicken strips: Large portion for an appetizer (got it as a meal). Taste was right on, but the person eating them got violently ill afterwards (was fine the next day...who knows what made them "purge" at the restaurant...but we can only assume).

Steak tips: Came as an order of 6 or so. Only one was purely steak. Every other piece had so much fat on it, there wasn't even 3 bites left on the whole plate.

As stated above, there was almost nobody else in the entire place, yet service was horrible. They would not come and check on anyone, not clear plates. We had to beg for basics (water and silverware).

I am always one to give a second chance before I give a bad review, but our experience was so bad...I can't even consider a second chance.

This restaurant is located inside the Holiday Inn Boxboro...with nothing else anywhere real close. I feel sorry for travelers who are stuck eating this.
Once upon a time, this hotel and their food were well known and people would come from everywhere....now it's disgusting.

1  Thank darkkskyzz
There are newer reviews for Minute Man Grille

Been to Minute Man Grille? Share your experiences!