“Perfectly Acceptable”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bourne
PA
“Perfectly Acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

The day before arriving, I read the reviews and arrived with some apprehension. My husband and I had booked a room here and so had several family members. I had hoped we had not made a mistake. We had not. The room was clean - ordinary, but clean. The management was friendly. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed the hot tub. Our other family members had no complaints. The whole place was simple, a little dated but a very acceptable place to spend this long weekend. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and refused to stay in a few of them. I would not refuse to stay here and our sister's children stayed in a room without any threat to their safety. If I had any complaint, the breakfast could be improved.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — no fitness center
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
North Billerica, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2007

My first mistake was not checking the reviews on this Motel until after I booked it. Big Mistake. After I read the reviews, I called the motel to express my concerns. I was assured the rooms are all clean and I would be happy with our stay. When checking in we were required to pay an additional fee for two guests we had with us. No problem there however the staff member seemed "put out" when we asked for additional linens for the two additional guests. There was an ODOR eminating from the room as soon as the door was opened. My fellow travel guests thought it was the smell of an old motel room, maybe I'm no used to that, but it was not pleasant. I spent as much time out of the room as I could. The was debris under the bed and cigarette burns in the comforter. The sheets were clean, but I question how old the pillows and mattresses were because although the room did have a kitchenette area, the appliances were quite old in that 1960's olive color that was so popular way back in the day. The clerk complained to me about the discounted amount they receive from the website booking. We left the room early to grab breakfast and when we returned, they were in the room cleaning! The manager actually accused us of stealing their old, flat pillows! (They were still folded up in the sleep sofa which he double-checked before we left). I would never here again, the hospitality was horrible, the quality was poor and the room's smell was offensive. I'd rather sleep in my car given the choice again.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Smell of the room, lack of hospitality.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank MiaVal

Travelers are raving about these Bourne hotels

maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

This property is on a family friendly list. Dirty rooms, cigarette burns in sheets and blankets, pulled out security chain, "nonsmoking" room that smelled like an ashtray, a plastic bag over the smoke detector, breakfast offerings which may have been worthy of farm animals, the list goes on! Knights Inn Bourne was neither family friendly not family worthy. Pay the extra $40 per night for a decent alternative!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank havefuneveryday
Farmington Hills, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2006

I was on a motorcycle trip alone and Cape Cod was an afterthought - I made the mistake of arriving there on a Friday night after 10pm. I was dead tired and the Yankee Thrift looked like a reasonable choice from the outside and office area.

My first thought upon walking into the room $96 later was "I'd have been better off camping on the side of the road." I'm not a neat freak or terribly picky about hotels but this was off the chart. It was the only hotel where I've ever worn jeans and a long sleeve shirt to bed to avoid having to make contact with the sheets. Avocado green bathroom fixtures, broken outlets, filthy carpet, even filthier sheets, etc. This place has been used hard and not renovated since the early '70's. I stayed in several dumps that trip but this took the prize easily. I put the bathmat in the shower on the floor to avoid having to touch the floor. Again, I'm a biker, I'm not picky, this place was just that gross.

I didn't feel safe at this place and spent half the night checking at the window to make sure my bike didn't disappear. Unfortunately, I couldn't roll it into the room like I usually do at hotels. If there is one good thing to say, it was fairly quiet all night long and when I was sleeping I did so quite well.

It's all in what your expectations are - for $96 I feel there are much better values. For $50 I wouldn't have felt like I had been ripped off.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank fury58426
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2006

Perhaps things have changed since 2002 but before booking, ask if management has changed and extensive renovations undertaken since then. Everything appeared run down, dirty and unappealing and I mean everything. A kitchen needs serious cleaning and remodeling. I drove by in March 2006 and all appeared the same. The only saving grace was a somewhat decent indoor pool. In spite of booming lodging business elsewhere, this one was nearly empty. Beware.

Stayed October 2003
5 Thank Carolyn777
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2005

No, nothing of value was stolen. Unless you count my time and my dignity. We were down the Cape for my sister's wedding and needed accomodations for six people (my husband, myself, and four teenage girls) for one night only. Price was a pretty big consideration so we knew we weren't getting the Ritz. We saw the motel while leaving the Cape one weekend and thought it wouldn't be that bad. The price was right and we actually believed the information on the sign (you know-the part having the indoor and outdoor pools). The first sign that something was wrong was when we checked in. Despite asking repeatedly when I made the reservation about having adjoining rooms (and being told that it would be no problem), they put us six rooms away from the teenagers. This place does not exactly feel safe and secure so we didn't want to have the girls that far away but we were told they were all booked up and there was nothing they could do.

We went to the double room first. There was a broken sleep sofa (seriously unsafe for sitting), cheap plastic chairs and table in the "kitchenett", and the infamous lime green bathroom fixtures. The lighting was hideous but whatever you do, don't open the shades! The view is equally poor from the front and the back. The room my husband and I shared had a no smoking sign on the outside of the door and a card inside stating that it was a non-smoking room. Yet, the first thing that hit us as we walked in was the stench of stale smoke (surely they've heard about Febreze by now!). The bed was not just uncomfortable but had obvious stains on the boxspring as well as the mattress. The other furniture (and I use this term loosely) in our room was also broken. The girls did use the pool (the inside pool because the outdoor pool is a figment of the owner's imagination) but were not able to use the whirlpool. Even if they didn't mind sharing it with the dead spider and debris floating in it, it was broken. I'm not sure if electric outlets count as an ammenity but the Yankee Thrift Motel doesn't have these either. At least, not ones that would be considered up to code. In conclusion, I believe my daughter summed it up best when she said that the Yankee Thrift Motel was "one step up from a cardboard box".

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bermuda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2005

If you like peeling paint, cigarette marks on stained carpet and furniture, and lime green bathroom fixtures then, this is the place for you! Don't let the neat, clean office fool you, nor the emails from very personable Peter P., because Raj just may put you in the room that he thinks best regardless of what it is that you want!
I didn't feel safe staying there for even a few hours on my own. One of the guests on the ground floor arrived and some minutes later, emerged from his room with a rottweiler and a pitbull and they weren't always silent during the course of the day!
The impression I got was that this facility was being used as transient worker housing, rather than the vacation mecca that the brochure proported it to be.
Another minor detail, they seem to be missing one of the pools they advertised. But if you have the misfortune of ever staying there, at least you'll be able to get a lukewarm shower with a decent showerhead.

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank Riks_girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
Quality Inn
#1 of 5 in Sandwich
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
#4 of 5 in Sandwich

Been to All Seasons Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!