“Scary”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bourne
Bangor, Maine
“Scary”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Where to begin? The door handle fell off first off. Then the light switch in the bathroom didn't work (took a secret code apparently to make it work). Bed-side lights and clock were plugged into a power strip that was turned off (and hidden behind one of the beds).... speaking of beds: it was like being at the Flintstone's: rock hard blocks with itchy sheets (made us itch!) and a bed cover that weighed a ton (and smelled funny to boot). The carpet was lumpy and scratchy. Not enough towels. Worst: Filthy!!! The phone, phone cord & tv remote were caked with crud- disgusting! Bathroom floor dirty, toilet seat stained, cracked, falling off. It was pathetic. Sadly the only thing available for a business trip that weekend. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Avoid it like the plague.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Anita C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed July 30, 2011

1.) THE ROOMS ARE FILTHY! There was hair all over the bathroom sink, an unknown sticky substance all over the tv, and worst of all... Literally BLOOD STAINS on the blanket.

When I complained to the staff about there being BLOOD on the blanket, they responded with "Oh, the Landry room is over there, go get another one."

Are you kidding me?! THERE ARE BLOOD STAINS ON MY BLANKET AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO APOLOGIZE?! THEN I HAVE TO GO GET MYSELF ANOTHER BLANKET?!

2.) Staff was incredibly rude! Threatened to call the police on me because I had FOUR people staying in one room. Their explanation was that I booked two rooms for four people total... That was not the case, I booked two rooms for six people total. In fact, I wanted one room with two queen beds and one room with a king bed. I received two rooms with two queens each... When I complained, and tried to get the room I asked for, I was told the hotel was booked. What is the point in making a reservation then?

3.) REALLY SKETCHY TENANTS. While in my room man that was clearly intoxicated, came to my door and tried to push it open after trying his keys. Finally he realized he had the wrong room and went away.

DO NOT EVER COME HERE!!!! ITS DISGUSTING AND SOOO NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank Ashamed2stayhere

Travelers are raving about these Bourne hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2011

WOW! The room had king bed and t was big!!!!! enough. Also, it have air conditioner, microwave and a small refigerator. In addition, it have t.v and cable and good channel as hbo to name some. The place was clean all over and the outdoor looks beautiful, as well the room so clean!!!!!!!!!! the front desk welcomed us kindly. I think it is a good and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NONINO_11
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The room had a King bed, plenty of room to store 3 suitcases out of the way. More than enough hanging closet for one person, all around clean environmen. Has new(er) bathroom fixtures and tile floor; and the baseboard heat works great ! Daily room service, large-dbl wide dresser drawer; again, more than enough room. About 8 of us stayed here for nearly 3 months; we were able to negotiate a daily rate that met our needs perfectly, and would stay here again if needed in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank picky009
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The Hotel has a new Owner, Great Price, safe location, a good nights rest after a hard days work.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hotelstay000
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The good:
It is convenient - just as you get into Bourne from the Bridge.
We were politely welcomed.
There were NO bedbugs or other little critters (that's always a relief these days!)
It was cleaner than some places we have seen.

The Bad and the Ugly:
Let's just say that naming the motel the "Yankee Thrift" Motel wouldn't be going far enough. "On the Cheap" would be better!
Sheets (see photo) for our king-size bed were "specialty" manufactured sheets... The shortage of fabric on the bottom bed sheet must have saved them a bundle when bought in bulk. The bottom sheets were "fitted", with elastic around the edge to ensure that the sheet stayed on the mattress. HOWEVER, the material covered only about an inch of mattress beyond the top of the mattress. Hence, I have to say we were short-sheeted.

Another thrifty measure taken by the management was when they re-did the windows of all the bathrooms. Apparently, they decided that they wanted to ELIMINATE bathroom windows; but they were reluctant to spend the money to actually remove them. The result: on the inside, old bathroom windows were paneled over. ON THE OUTSIDE - the actual windows are still in place ..... filled with insulation one can view from the parking lot. How chintzy is that!

Inside room there was a kitchenette. However, when we opened cupboards, there were no dishes, utensils, etc, and there was a towel stuffed to insulate the pipe below the kitchen sink. Ugh!

All the air conditioners were rusted on the outside.

The continental breakfast was just bagels, boxed donuts, rice crispies and cornflakes - one of the least appetizing breakfasts we have seen

And we actually paid $110 OFF SEASON to stay there. There has to be something better in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheChases
KnightsInnCapeCod, Manager at All Seasons Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
As you can see from other recent reviews, we are striving to improve our property. While all is not complete, we are proud of what has been done so far. Our rooms are all equipped with a fridge and microwave. We do not have, nor do we advertise, "kitchenettes with pots and pans". As to your "short sheeting", I apologize that you were not comfortable. Perhaps, if you had mentioned this to our 24 hour front desk, we could have taken care of your issue immediately. We thank you for your comments and hope you will make another trip to our area to see all of our continuing improvements.
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I must say the people that work there are very rude the manager acused me of having a bird in the room because feathers came out of my girlfriends jacket. I'm just wondering why I would bring a bird to a hotel room? The rooms are dirty and the furniture is cheap. They have old t.v.'s with not many channels. The bathroom is also dirty and rather small. I knocked over a chair by mistake and found a crack pipe! One of the guest actually asked me if I could get them some heroin! The manager didn't even want to rent the room to me and made it clear that no late night parties are allowed even though I'm 28 years old and just wanted to sleep. From what I can tell this place is a danger zone and this may be why the management there is rude but overall I would not waste my money staying there. If the guests don't get you the management will beware!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luisdiamondz39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
Quality Inn
#1 of 5 in Sandwich
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
#4 of 5 in Sandwich

Been to All Seasons Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!