“Great Sunset”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited on a crisp late September evening. Sunset was spectacular. Service was prompt and efficient with a legion of college age waitstaff. Nautical and rustic. Food was substantial and well done. Had the swordfish and it was meaty and tasty. My wife enjoyed the stuffed lobster. Drinks were very good. Place was good by any measure.

3  Thank surfsrus

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great setting. Great sunsets. Great environment. Average food...nothing out of the ordinary. Good drinks. Love the piano man. Service not too great. A cape tradition that could be improved.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Drinks were GREAT, especially their famous Mudslide. Be sure to bring a designated driver because these get you hammered. Although the drinks are good, the food and prices will leave you dissapointed

1  Thank 58shawnb
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are regulars to the Chart Room. The mudslides, chowder and lobster salad sandwich on Portuguese bread are my favorites. We like to take our boat to Kingman's Marina where the Chart Room is located and usually have no trouble docking...the staff at Kingman's helps. We have been to the Chart Room for lunch and dinner often. I always get the lobster salad sandwich on Portuguese bread...you won't see it on the menu that way but order it anyway. It's one of the best on the Cape. We are usually with a group of 6 or less. My ten year old loves the gift shop attached. My husband usually orders one of the many specials and is always happy. The restaurant can get loud, it is popular among locals so plan ahead. Reserve a table on the porch...inside gets warm except in the bar area which is fun too.

2  Thank massmomx3
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We made reservations for a party of six and arrived early, they were able to seat us right away, so we were off to a great start. The appetizers were very good, I would definitely recommend the scallops casino. Main courses were served and we were not disappointed. The problem arose as I was finishing my meal, there was a long dark hair on my plate, unfortunately I did not see it sooner. I pointed it out to the waitress so she could bring it to the attention of the kitchen. I was more than surprised when the hostess came over to the table and said that it did not come from the kitchen, it must have been from someone at our table. REALLY!!! Not only was this outrageously rude, but definitely not so. I am absolutely certain it came from someone on their staff. Her attitude certainly left a bad taste in my mouth and ruined the rest of my evening. No we did not stay for desert, we had it elsewhere.

1  Thank WhitmanBB