“High Prices, Good Food, Nice Portions”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Bourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A family owned Cape Cod seafood restaurant for over 40 years. We buy our seafood from local fisherman, to guarantee freshness and quality and to continue the tradition of the New England Fisherman. Voted the best Clam Chowder, the best Lobster Roll & the best Fried Clams in all of New England.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have lived in Wareham my whole life and have never been here. It is across from Lindsey’s on Cranberry Hwy (route 6) in Wareham. We usually travel to Oxford Creamery in Mattapoisett, MA for seafood. We did not feel like driving so we decided to go local. We grabbed the $1 coupon off their website. I am not a seafood fan and it looked like many people opted for the Lobster and Steamers dinners. The Place was too fishy smelling for me. We decided to take with us.

It is not near the water which is a shame because it would fit. On the left side you can order your food, in the middle you pick it up, on the right side there is a Fish Market with large tanks of Lobsters along the wall. It is open room with wooden chairs, tables and booths. There is outdoor seating under an awning and picnic tables in the back under shade trees. Nice place to stop with your dog. You can get a nice bite to eat and they can stretch out under the trees in the grass.

The food is not cheap but the portions are nice sized. My kids chose the boat meals for kids. They ranged in price from $7- $9. They are served in a little clear plastic boat. It looks like the dish they would use for banana boat sundaes. They fill the boat with fries and then put the meat choice on top. One of my children chose the garden salad for $6. It was a nice sized salad. It looked fresh and contained salad assortment veggies on top. The only disappointment was that it was iceberg lettuce and it was not cut to bite size. We decided on the platter sized fish and chips, since the kids like to munch off our plates. Not happy about the price for the platter ($15) v.s. the plate ($12). The portion on the platter was what I am used to getting from other places when I order fish and chips. It was a nice portion just not $15 worth. It was good, I still think Oxford Creamery makes the best fish and chips. We also ordered onion rings. They were rather disappointing. We got the x-large and they were more like a large.

I think people looking for a good seafood place will like this place. I just think there is better out there. I think their prices are higher than others in the area. Their high prices do not reflect a bigger portion or better taste.

They have lots of claims about their food being judged the best, by different reviews.

3  Thank flyinggems

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We were all very happy with our meals here ... My husband had the lobster roll $14.00 (one of the things that they are known for) he said it was excellent but he had to ear another just to be sure :) it was full of lobster I could see an entire claw mixed right in.The chowder was just okay (another thing they are known for) BUT the onion rings were fantastic (pricey though but I would get them again so I guess they know what they are doing) All 5 of us ate for just under $100 (considering the $28.00 in lobster rolls) it was a decent value

3  Thank Anditoo72
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Cape Cod, which may have been good or bad, because the Lobster Pot became the measure of excellent lobster. Every lobster we had after this either made the mark or was forgotten immediately. None surpassed the Lobster Pot.

We had lobster rolls, steamed lobsters, and fried clams. The lobster rolls were filled with lobster meat ONLY on a grilled roll. The rolls were filled with sweet, delicious chunks of soft meat, almost creamy in taste. The yield from the steamed lobsters was incredible--if there's such a thing, there was almost too much meat!

Worth mentioning also were the fried clams--hearty-sized, full bellied, succulent clams.

This was a filling meal.

The place was spotless and the staff was very helpful and courteous. The owner (the man in the tv commercials) roamed around and asked customers what they thought of their meals. To a person, every one raved about their selection.

In the lobster-less winter months, I'' think back to the Lobster Pot to remember the scrumptious taste of their lobster.

Ed Kelly

3  Thank edserveNewton_MA
Reviewed June 1, 2012

If your in the area and looking for good seafood @ a reasonable price, then this is it!

2  Thank bdrivera123
Reviewed May 18, 2012

While camping in the area, my Hubby brought back some take-out from The Lobster Pot.
The Clam Chowder was as good as any I have ever had, and the Lobster Roll was big and tasty. I had to eat quite a few pieces of lobster with a fork, it was so full. It only had lobster and a little bit of mayonnaise...unlike some that have too much filler in them. (lettuce, celery, etc.)
We will definitely return to try something else, very soon.

1  Thank yankeedancersgal

Been to Lobster Pot? Share your experiences!