“A gem on the water”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“A gem on the water”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We've been going to the Lobster Trap for many summers getting lobsters and steamers (clams) from their seafood market. A few years back they opened up their restaurant. Very casual, outstanding water view, and the best lobster tools and full belly clam ools ever.

Massachusetts
“Good meal on the water”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We brought out-of-town visitors to the Lobster Trap last weekend and everyone was pleased with their meals. The restaurant has upgraded the menu since my last visit, now with more non-fried choices. They also are open year-round now--another plus. We'll be back again soon.

1 Thank Melvillean
Boston MA
“Too bad a good place gone bad”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been going here for 25 years, this was my last. When i first went it was BYOB and the food was great. They added a small bar about a year ago, now the bar takes up 25% of the place the food has gone way down, both in portions and taste. When I pulled up and the valet (?) asked to park my car I should have known that things had change. My wife and I had invited 3 friends and had really built the place up, we were very embarrassed by the small portions and the high prices. They have added a very unnecessary loud PA system to call out orders that is really not needed.
There are many good places to eat on the Cape, pass this one, go to another.

3 Thank MeterReader
New York
“Love the Lobster Trap”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

A New England clam bar, but with amazing food, huge portions and a.nice variety. I was in the mood for lobster and have always wanted to try the Lobster Trap. I wrongly thought it was a fancy restaurant and was pleased it was a large shack because lobsters can be so messy. The only drawback is that the food takes a while to be ready. The good news is that everything is made fresh. My wife had fish tacos, which she said were great, although they were soft shell. My two year old son devoured a corn on the cob and then half is huge grilled cheese sandwich and us adults shared his tasty fries. We didn't know there was sit down service, ozone offeredd to explain that when we went in. We would have preferred this since we were with a toddler. The other drawback is that the setting sun was blinding and there was no shade on the window. The food was awesome and we will go back every trip to the Cape.

Visited August 2012
Usa
“Water view and lobstah”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you are looking for a good old-fashioned lobster shack, then this place is it. You order at the front and they'll call your number. Prices are reasonable. Food is basically good. Service is relatively fast. My friend had a lobster, and my wife had the lobster roll. If you don't want fried food, there are several grilled choices so don't worry about your calorie counting. They've renovated the back part so it's now a bar with a couple of TVs. They are planning on staying open year-round. Also, you can sit outside. Now, you aren't sitting on the ocean per se, you are sitting on a marsh and in the distance is an inlet, but it's still beautiful. You can also buy your own fish and lobster to cook at home. And, maybe the most important is that they have organized the parking lot with free valet parking. This is huge because the parking lot on a busy two-lane street was quite dangerous so kudos for them to recognize this. It was sooo much easier to park than in previous years.